The Time Lord Compendium

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by starsuperion, Aug 24, 2010.

1. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

The Time Lord Compendium (unofficial)

Okay Guys, as many of you know, I was working on a Tardis Manual book, where by I would detail the Tardis page by page, and utilizing the Classic series Tardis, attempt in my own meager way to define that wondrous ship..

But as time has gone by, and with the Inclusion of the Bowships, the friends asking for a detailed design of the Time Lord citadel, and their robes, Rassilon's Tower, Time Lord Language, Rassilon's Weaponry, Space Station Zenobia, War Tardises and More..

I have decided to change the Tardis Manual into a massive Compendium of Time Lord Technology for fan consumption..

So below, I have uploaded the first four pages of what used to be the Tardis Manual, the numbers at the bottom of the page will be rewritten as to fit into the new Time Lord Compendium, instead of the Tardis Manual I was once going to do..

the Time Lord Compendium will be researched, and double checked to make sure what I put together is accurate and correct, but I will also be injecting designs, and theory where there is an absence of information, or the various sources of information are not useful....

How is this thread different from the Doctor Who schematics thread? Easy, this one only centers on the Time Lords themselves, while the other is all about any space ship and tech seen in the Doctor Who universe..
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=125010&page=6

anyhow, here is the first four pages of the tardis section that will be integrated into the Time Lord Compendium. I hope you guys like them..

At the End of my book, I will have a resource guide which will site and give credit to every resource I have accessed and used to do this book..as I am constantly writing down where each information tidbit is derived to give credit where it is owed..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

again, just to let you guys know, this was going to be a tardis manual book, but will be incorporated into a Time Lord compendium book..

the chapters will be a brief history, and cover the vampire wars, and early days of exploration, the creation of time travel, and the hand of omega..In addition to a planetary map and solar system guide, and city guides..(the master's family lands, and the doctor's family lands.)

the history and the creation of the massive shield and citadel of the time lords, and the various rooms, and halls of their great city.. fold-out schematics included..

the Academy designs, and schematics

the Bowship construction yards, and Gallifreyan Colonies.

The Proto-TARDIS
    The Type 40 Tardis (in detail)
    The Rani's Tardis Type 80 (the most widely used Tardis)
    Type 92 War Tardis
    Type 100 Compassion (sentient Tardis)
    Type 102 (Mass Produced Sentient War-Tardises)

War Tardis Docking bays, and the War Tardis construction yards.

The Refitted Bowships and support craft (time war era).

Time War Era-Cruciform
    The Moment

Evolution of the Chancellery Guard to the Chancellery Army (cloned supermen)

all this will be included in the Time Lord compendium I am working on.. as well as a cool cover for the book..

this thread will serve as a useful tool to get fan feedback and assist me in making this dream book a reality.. I hope you guys are ready for some crazy design images..this is going to be a long haul, but so worth the effort..:techman:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  2. Joy

Joy Commodore Commodore

Good god, you ROCK. So. Freaking. Much.

3. starsuperion

Wow, thanks! I am humbled by that statement..;)

well if you guys want to see some other stuff I have done, mostly comic book characters and such, please visit my deviant art site:
    http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/

Star Superion is actually the name of my own superman-esque character who is the leader of a super hero team called the Guardian Legion, and is copyrighted under Capital comics studios, LLC

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

It really is a huge amount of work...I want to know what your secret is? Cloning, time travel? :)

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

That plug on page 2, is that USB? :)

Awesome work on these projects of yours.

6. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

I'm speechless. Nice work! :)

7. starsuperion

Time travel definitely time travel..:techman:

and a bit of late night jiggery pokery..:eek:

yeah as with everything time lord, their technology seems like it is compatible with human engineering.. so it's a universal plug, but it looks like it could be a USB.. LOL

for those who build their own Tardis (Tardis Builders community online), it is probably best to use a USB with a black cord..

thanks man, this book will be even better then what you see now..

Thanks! but this is just the old stuff I was going to do, wait till I upload the new Book pages..it will be even better..

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

OMFG you weren't kidding were you (not that I ever thought you were mind you ;) This is incredible. Simply incredible. You seriously need to put a pitch together to BBC Books or get a literary agent to do it. Or seriously consider self publishing this because I would buy this in an instant. I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of this...and further installments :) Is there any chance that these could be converted from png to jpeg's? Dude...you're name is Adam too? I checked out your deviant art page. Excellent stuff.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  9. starsuperion

Wow dude! thanks for the praise.. I am humbled.. the pages you see above will be shown later in the Time Lord Compendium, so as I go further and update this thread it will start from the beginning of the book, and then as we go along you will see those pages show up again.. in the Tardis Type 40 section.. as for converting it to JPEG.. I may do that, though I prefer to wait till I am ready to upload it to my other deviant art site, and it will be available for download..

I would love to make some cash off this, but it isn't my property, and for the most part, I am just doing this as a fan, and to get other fans a cool guide to technology, and schematics of the Time Lords.. though the BBC holds the ultimate patent on the idea..what I am doing is simply taking what we already know, and have seen, and creating a book which chronicles all of that into one neat guide..with my own schematic art thrown in..:techman:

So stay tuned Brotha! I got lots more a comin'

yep that is my real name.. I like Adam, Adams are cool.. hehehehe..:lol:

I am glad you visited my DA site.. now you see my other art work..and you have an idea of what I can do.. muahahahahaa!! this book will totally rock I assure you!

I wil be uploading the new Time Lord compendium from beginning to end here on this forum, as I do, I will also make it available for download on my other deviant art account..so you and others can go there and get it in high resolution and get it printed professionally at a local kinkos or something.. or by yourself..either way it will be available.. so stay tuned, each time I upload to this thread will be 5 pages at a time.. each week, until the book is finished..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  10. Admiral_Young

You don't need to convince me the book is gonna rock...I've been waiting for something like this for quite some time since Doctor Who returned. While the Tardis Handbook was entertaining it wasn't a technical manual like I thought it would be, more of inside guide to the Tardis and it's history.

To go off top for a moment...I really loved your DC and Marvel stuff, especially the Crime Syndicate concepts. I have long had an idea to do my own Crime Syndicate story but have never gotten around to it. I also dug your Kirk and Spock.

11. starsuperion

I shall strive to be a bit more schematically inclined with this compendium, and give you what you want..

I am going to be adding in some stuff that may or may not be kosher to some in the fan community.. you see, I believe that the time lords had colony worlds under their control.. ship yards.. and maybe even off world sectors devoted to the different houses..so those things will be featured in the book..

some things will be form the novels, but only parts I deem relevant to the time lord history and do not contradict the show..

thanks man, I am glad you like my take on some of those characters.. It really was a passion of mine to try and capture the DC universe.. it is my favourite of the big 2 comic companies..classic 80's marvel was my choice, but has since changed to DC, they just are better a their stories of late.. crisis, 52, blackest night series... just amazing!

12. starsuperion

here is the cover for the time lord compendium book..
    [​IMG]

the next time ! update this thread, will be the first five pages of the book.. not very exciting stuff..

forward by me...
    index..
    etc..

the update after will center on kasterborous and the Gallifreyan home world.. including the solar system, and Gallifrey's moons..Karn, etc..etc..

please stay tuned..I hope you like this cover art.. it's modest, which is what I wanted.. no flash.. keep it simple and more of a fan resource then anything else..:techman:

If this is well received, I may tackle other races, like the Daleks, and the Cybermen! Maybe the Rutans, or the Sontarans! there is so much out there that could be done, I could be busy for years!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  13. Admiral_Young

Yeah that's just bad assery is what that is.

14. starsuperion

dude, i imagine a dalek version could be rendered in a different colour with a dalek silhouette for a cover..and the words dalek compendium on the cover.. and rutans and so on..

sounds pretty cool huh? maybe I could do one each year and then people could have them bound and made into a book they could carry around and read and have fun with doing RPG games and such..

15. Admiral_Young

Yeah that would be really cool.

16. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

This looks like the beginning of something great! Thanks for sharing your work with us.

17. starsuperion

I may actually do that.. but this compendium is going to take awhile for sure..

you are welcome.. I would like to caution those who will be inclined to download or save these images, as they will change over time until I have the right design, and there may be some things that need to be corrected as well..

Like for instance a few minor things that need to be done to the cover..

I am also taking a bit of artistic license when it comes to the solar system of the time lords..

Here are some things to look forward to:

gallifrey's main sun's name,
    the name of gallifrey's other moon.. (two moons)
    the moons around the gas giant of Polarfrey,
    the moon of Karn
    the planet demos
    the sixth world of the Gallifreyan solar system Ithicos
    and it's moons..

and more..

so stay tuned as more designs, schematics and such are presented in this massive and comprehensive book, which is a huge undertaking for me, but much fun..:techman:

18. starsuperion

Well for those interested..
    Here is another out of sequence preview.. this is page 6 of the TLC

-Sorry- That was an old page of the Gallifreyan Solar System, which clearly had some things that were wrong.. Gallifrey has 6 Planets of which is an asteroid.. Shada, the prison planet..I will update this page later..

and Page 7

Edit: see the post below..

On the schematics thread, I will soon have the next Bowship Schematic up, and a Rutan Fighter Pod!
    Thanks for viewing my work!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  19. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Lungbarrow". :)

And this looks great! Dare I ask how you mashed existing continents together to create the map of Gallifrey?

Mark

20. starsuperion

Actually I took a map of Pangaea as a Guide and used that to make the planet..

they always stress how "Earth-Like" the planet is, even the continents..

what is cool about this is that you are looking at 2 variations of the primordial earth..reworked and forged into the planet Gallifrey, and positioned to actually create 3 oceans per the stories..

pretty cool huh?