100% laugh-free trailer for DISASTER MOVIE. Ugh.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Twilight, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDws_tDZ-8c

Honestly, the fact that I took time out of my life to (a) watch the trailer and (b) post a thread about it on TBBS will really make me re-evaluate my life's priorities.

-Twilight, hereafter a new man.

2. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

There wasn't a single aspect of any disaster movie in there.

Amy Winehouse, Batman, Hannah Montana, Iron Man, Hulk, Sex and the City, Juno, Enchanted...

You know, maybe this is the one that just might not see much in financial take. The first in this "franchise" to not be financially viable, because the public will see them for what they are and see other films.

...I can dream.

3. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone who produces a movie with "Movie" in the title from here on out should be beaten to death. Unapologetic money grubbing lack of creative talent at it's worse. Theatres full of 15 year old texting each other "watch" shit like this, that's about it.

The first one or two Scary Movies actually weren't too bad, but the rest of them - ALL of them - just suck.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Hopefully this will be disaster of a "movie," and an end to this franchise.

I know, I know, somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming.

5. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

That just reaches incredible levels of bad. I mean, the fact that trailer takes a joke straight out of the Meet the Zohan (or whatever the name of that Adam Sandler movie was) trailer is saying something. That's not a parody, that's a rip-off of something that wasn't even funny in the first place!

6. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

I want to kill myself. :(

7. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

Tragically - no, devastatingly - for all of us is that it won't be the end, simply because these "films" are produced on budgets that average around $3.00. So as long as a few morons go see it or rent the DVD, they've got their impetus to make another installment in their (do the air finger quotes with me) "fran-chise".

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

These movies cost nothing and people pay to see them. That's why the team behind Date Movie, Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans are still at it.

There's no story and all they want to do is string together scenes from other movies. But just rehashing the scenes doesn't make it funny!!! And a "Don't vote for Pedro" shirt is not how you lampoon Napoleon Dynamite.

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I saw the trailer in the cinema, and not 1 person in there laughed. So it could very well live up to its name.

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Oh, Jesus.......... :rolleyes:

"Disaster" is right.

11. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

i want the name of the person responsible for greenlighting this shit so i might slash the tires on his ferrari

12. James Bond

James Bond Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I could not agree more, except I'll add that the people who pay to go see shit like this, or rent the DVD, also need to be beaten to death.

13. Super Grover

Super Grover Vice Admiral Admiral

14. James Bond

James Bond Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Now THAT was funny.

15. Super Grover

Super Grover Vice Admiral Admiral

You can always count on Joel McHale and the Soup.

16. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Wow, that was not even remotely funny! :wtf:

17. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess why I agree it doesn't seem funny, I'm not so sure why we get all worked up about these kind of movies. I figure if there are people out there that enjoy them, more power to them, have fun. No skin off my nose. Plenty of other movies for me to watch and enjoy.

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

They're an erosion to culture and good "art" of the movies. They make me hate people and think people are idiots more than they really are.

I saw a trailer for this movie a couple months ago and I beat my head on my desk for a solid half hour. I still have the wood-grain impressions on my forehead.

These types of movies make ever fiber of my being and exsistance HURT like they're being stabbed with icepicks. They make me want to go back in time and dis-invent movie-making. It's also frustrating to me as a screenwriter to see absolute SHIT like this get made and know that my finished scripts don't stand much chance of ever being made.

Movies like these are just complete and total bullshit that they get made and I don't even want to walk past the kind of people who DO find them funny on my way to far better movies.

19. Tomato

Tomato Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

jezz... these movies are so bad who in their right mind watches them?

20. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well you're kind of proving my point. Why waste this much energy on something you really hate. I mean it's not like A) You're forced to watch these kind of movies or B) there aren't other choices.

I'm saying yeah these kind of movies suck, but I really don't give a shit. I just don't watch them.

Of course this thread kind of reminds of various threads about cancelling this TV show or that TV show. I don't get those threads, I guess I don't get this one either. I just don't watch things I don't want to watch. Got plenty of other entertainment options.