Netflix Investigating Bringing Back "Jericho"

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Frontier, May 3, 2012.

1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

www.darkhorizons.com/news/23769/-jericho-making-a-comeback-on-netflix

:)

Now, if only we could get "Firefly"... lol

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I believe we already have a thread on this.

3. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

AICN had the best response - "Two words: VERONICA MARS"

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Always wanted to watch that show but the fact it was cancelled after 3 seasons has always put me off, I hate shows ending with no closure.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Veronica Mars needs to be seen. It closes most of the storylines each season.

6. Brikar99

You should watch it, regardless.

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

WELL! This is certainly an interesting development. I remember hearing that this might happen years ago when Netflix said it was planning on buying up dead properties but nothing after that until now. VERY cool! :techman:

And yes, Frontier, I agree, Firefly would be another great pick-up, too. However I wouldn't consider it as likely, when Whedon and his sister put the kibosh on wanting Nathan Fillon to buy the rights to bring it back. Although I think anybody could do a better job of supporting it than Fox did...bastards...But I digress. Methinks Whedon wants to keep that one for himself, even if it never sees the light of day again.

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Joss Whedon doesn't have a sister. Maurissa Tanchaeron is his sister-in-law, married to Jed Whedon.

9. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The first two seasons of VM were great, truly great. The third was much less so IMO.

VM, Firefly and Jericho are all much better than a good bunch of guff that currently airs and gets renewed season in, season out.

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Ah! I stand corrected. Thank you.

11. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

At this point I have to think that they're just doing this for attention.

12. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually enjoyed Jericho but it has been several years since it ended and frankly they shouldn't bother with resurrecting it. Who knows if they can get the cast back, the same writers, have the same budget, etc. It would probably end up being not as good as we remember much like reunion movies that networks used to do with tv shows years ago. Once you capture lightning in a bottle it is pretty hard to recapture it. Plus the series actually had a pretty good finale all things said than most other shows could hope to have.
    Like most "successful" tv shows from the '00s Veronica Mars had one good season--S1--great season mystery, getting to know the characters was fun and then it was downhill from there--S2 was such a convoluted complicated mess of a season long storyline that required diagrams to follow what was going on and the payoff was uber-weak and S3 had lost the fun factor of S1 not to mention the two arcs that season were LAME.

13. Angel4576

Looks like most of the main cast aren't actually up to much at the moment.

Brad Beyer was on GCB which just got canned, Lennie James had the Gotham pilot that wasn't picked up, and then the rest, or most of them, appear to be at loose ends.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have had Jericho on my instant queue for a long time. If this happens, I may actually end up watching it.

15. Angel4576

I'm rewatching it at the moment.

Starts really well, then takes a dip, but then comes good again.

To be fair the episodes where it dips aren't anywhere near as bad as I remembered.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I find this true of most shows, especially if you're watching them in marathon format.

17. Angel4576

Well I put I started the rewatch last night at around 8pm - watched the first 6 without interruption. Went to bed, got up, put on the next 7, again no breaks. Absolutely love the show. Certainly has a few weaknesses, but IMO, they're far outweighed by its strengths. If you can forgive a fair degree of shmaltz/cheese every now and then it certainly makes things easier!

18. Brikar99

I've been rewatching it the last few days, too. I don't know that there are whole episodes where it really dips so much as certain storylines that just don't work very well. Honestly I found most of the romantic subplots to be awkward and somewhat annoying, as well as almost anything involving Dale and Skylar.

19. Angel4576

I think the Dale and Skylar bits were the only bits that really bothered me.

Teen dork to town warlord in about 5 episodes! WTF?! :lol:

20. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I interpreted that as, Dale was just showing the potential that lay within him all along, and that would go untapped in the normal course of events. I found that whole evolution highly amusing. :D