Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Superspit.

I don't think I've ever seen him use that power before.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I could totally see Erica delivering that line in the series.

3. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Didn't realize the second issue was already out. I guess I better get reading.

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd imagine that it's harder to write good dialogue when the realities of TV air time demand that you produce a lot more of it, and for longer scenes...

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

$3.99 per printed issue, with four of the digital issues in each issue.

6. Admiral James Kirk

Just finished reading. Good stuff. Thought it was neat that Clark decided to place a lead plate under his \S/ shield after being shot with kryptonite bullets so many times. What's this? Clark Kent learning from his mistakes and correcting them? Are we sure this is a Smallville comic? Since when did Clark start using his common sense? ;)

I really enjoyed that little encounter between Clark and Lex. Kind of made my widdle heart hurt for the friendship that used to be. Well... no longer. Too bad. Still, it figures that Lex would have to lose all of his memories in order to behave in even a semi-cordial manner with Clark after all the years of bad water under that bridge.

Was juiced to see that Tess is back. I really enjoyed that character and was bummed when Lex offed her in the series finale. Can't wait to see where they go with her return. I think she bears the greatest likeness to her television series counterpart. Makes sense. Cassidy Freeman is a great looking gal.

Lex's meeting with General Lane doesn't bode well for Superman-I can't believe I'm typing that name in a Smallville thread, it's about time-and I can't wait to see where the world's newfound anti-alien paranoia is going to lead this season's story to.

So far with the first two issues the new season of Smallville is off to it's strongest start since the second season. I can't wait for the net ish!

7. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

pretty close to sneezing and blowing a double barn door clean across the county...

supersnot anyone? lol

M

8. Admiral_Young

@Admiral James Kirk...I don't think Tess is back. I think Lex is imagining her. I suspect she is going to act as his "conscience" or something. The timing of her arrival, right after the discussion with Clark and Lex bringing her up...yeah I'm betting she's a figment of his imagination. He admitted to Clark that his memory is not entirely intact yet and fractured somewhat due to Tess's memory wipe. She's there as the last visage of his conscience.

9. Admiral James Kirk

I wouldn't be surprised. Smallville Lex has long had a history of hallucinations though I thought I thought he'd killed his last vestige of conscience-little Alexander-way back in the season 7 episode, Descent. Tess is a cuter conscience than Alexander was regardless. :)

10. Admiral_Young

Yeah. I was a little shocked to see Tess there so soon after her death so this is the only reasonable explanation that I have for her appearance.

11. Admiral_Young

Just finished issue three...I gotta say this is the most consistent story telling we've had in a very long time from the series. Bryan Q. Miller should have been the show runner! We got a classic Lois comment (Forever Fiancee! LOL) and a Green Arrow appearance. I kind of am wishing we got this live action now. No follow up on the Tess situation, I guess that will be next week.

12. Admiral James Kirk

Yeah, the lack of follow up on Tess pissed me off. Still I was happy to see Ollie in action. When those assholes called Chloe a "Nobody" I was wanting to see Ollie set those bastards straight. Set them straight he did. :) Pretty awesome Superman save in there as well. All those years Ollie was telling Clark to get off his ass and do something and now... There's no stopping him! :)

The ish ended on a pretty decent cliffhanger-not the equal of the Tess 'hanger-that has me eagerly awaiting next weeks issue.

13. Admiral_Young

The banter between Ollie and Clark really does give you an idea of where they might've taken Bruce Wayne in the series (Ollie really is their abandoned plans for Bruce, just reworked) but yeah I wanted to punch that guy for saying Chloe was a nobody!!! That comment definitely rattle Ollie! I also loved the quip about Clark having to live with Lois! LOL.

14. Admiral James Kirk

Just makes me wonder how they're going to write Bruce when they-finally-introduce Batman into the Smallville universe.

15. Admiral_Young

Well if the lap top is our first indication that the embargo has finally been lifted that is...

16. Admiral James Kirk

Well, no reason for a Bat-embargo in the Smallville comic book since comics are Batman's original medium. ;)

17. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I got the first issue the other day and I really enjoyed it.

18. Admiral James Kirk

Kewl, now read the other two issues. Ish 4 is out tomorrow.

19. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Picked up Smallville #1 today. Can't wait to read it. I just like the idea of seeing Smallville's version of Superman in action.

20. Admiral_Young

I finished reading issue four finally and this felt like a traditionally written "Smallville" episode, right down to the quirky dialogue. I kind of like the fact that the shield belt buckle is basically a pager lol. Lois would need some way of contacting Clark so that was kind of neat. Looks like I was correct about Tess. It was nice to see that S.T.A.R Labs in the Smallville continuity has a building named after Virgil Swan with a statue of him...and we're introduced to Hank Henshaw!!! 99 percent certain the big bad of this season is going to be Cyborg Superman now.