TNG BR case covers

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Haggis and tatties, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok i just bought TNG blu ray season 1-5, and i notice that season 1 has no dust cover, while the rest come with covers, so i was wondering if this was normal or did they send me one without the cover, no big deal, i was just wondering, i am sure i can control my OCD and live without the cover. :lol:

(Sorry my phone is complete rubbish picture taking wise)

[​IMG]

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Same with me for S6. I got it on ebay and the seller had a bunch of them w/o slipcovers, I wasn't paying attention.

I think releases after the first run don't include a slipcover. I just missed a S6 slipcover (also on ebay) so I'm keeping an eye out for another one.

Paramount does not sell them separately, I checked.

I'm not sure I can control my OCD, I will get a slipcover...I will get a slipcover.

3. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is correct. Typically only the first run includes the slipcover.

4. Haggis and tatties

Thanks all, you have somewhat doused my OCD.....For now! lol

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I throw all the slipcovers into the recycle bin anyway. Seriously, why do these things even exist at all? They show exactly the same things that the BR case itself does. So what practical function could a slipcover possibly have?

6. Haggis and tatties

To stop me going in to OCD. lol

7. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mine all have slipcovers, all 7 seasons.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

At least the BR cases aren't as pathetic as the original DVD cases were. Back when I was collecting those, I threw the entire packaging in the bin (oh yeah, when I want to watch one, I just love to have to take out a box from another box and flip it open about FIVE FUCKING TIMES :brickwall: ), and put the DVDs into those Case Logic binders. Nice to see that's not necessary anymore...

9. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

You need to go and fish those back out of the bin, then send S1 to Haggis and send S6 to me. :rofl:

And it's funny, I removed the slipcovers from all my Doctor Who blu rays and left them on the TNG ones. But I must have TNG S6!

10. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If anyone has season one cover they don't want, they'll have my eternal gratitude. It's the only one of my seven seasons without the slipcase, and when I look at them on the shelf, it's . . .irritating.

You have all seven seasons of TNG on Blu-ray, one of them is missing a slipcase, and all you can say is "irritating"?

It is. . . .very irritating.

11. Haggis and tatties

I will give you £3 for them each, then i will charge Ar-Pharazon £20 for season 6 one. :lol:

Hey i am Scottish, not my fault.:p

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

As annoying as the DVD cases were I had to keep them out of, well, "keeping it in the original state." At the time this was the first TV series I bought on DVD and it was TNG! The look of the cases I liked so I just dealt with them.

I sort of wish the BD cases were fancier or something instead of just looking like regular BD cases. Normally with BDs I do toss the slip covers but kept them for the TNG cases because, well, TNG on BD!!!!!!!!!

13. Admiral Bear

There must be so many people with two sets of Season one given the reissue due to the sound faults. Hopefully they've still got both the slipcases.

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The reissue just sent you the corrected discs in sleeves and you replaced the discs in the box, doing whatever with the other discs. It's not like they sent you a whole new, complete, set since all of the discs werent affected.

15. Admiral Bear

Didn't Amazon buyers get complete replacement sets? I remember there were a glut of the original issues on eBay when people got the replacements.

16. Makarov

Makarov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have slipcases for everything except season 1 as well. I'm not really a collector of slipcases but at the same time I can't bring myself to throw them out. The TNG standalone releases on the other hand, have some of the best slipcovers in my bluray collection. Especially BOBW with the fold-out borg picard.

17. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

The retailers also throw out the slipcovers themselves, as sometimes they sets will be shipped with the price stickered on the slipcase, and the retailer might get it in for a special. When the price goes back up after the special, instead of peeling the sticker or re-stickering every single copy, most retailers just remove the slip case and then you end up with Blu-Rays and DVD's sitting on store shelves that should have a slipcase but don't.

18. Haggis and tatties

Well thankfully my next purchase was the eight season of Who, and that came with a very nice dust cover, or else my OCD would have went whako, i don't think i could take two box sets with no jacket cover. lol

[​IMG]

19. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

The material is more aesthetically pleasing than the ugly plastic cases with that big blue translucent stuff visible at the top. Personally, I despise plasticky cases for any media, whether it be music, movies, or whatever.

And in some instances, the artwork is different and reveals something underneath... For example, the "Iron Man" DVD slip cover, depicting Iron Man's costume with a round hole revealing his mini-reactor, and when you remove the slipcover, you see that the mini-reactor is in Tony Stark's chest.

The slipcover for the TNG "Best of Both Worlds" blu ray release is pretty cool in that way, too. I wish they would do stuff like that more.

Kor