Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Haggis and tatties, Nov 25, 2009.

1. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fallout New Vegas is coming out next year... by the dudes who originally made the game, so we'll see how that goes. :)

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

If anyone doesn't have this game, Best Buy is selling the GOTY edition for $40 next week.

3. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Brilliant, is that more dlc or a new game?

Oh well thats F3 done 100%, now its onto Batman AA, and then Infamouse......no rest for the wicked. .:)

4. firehawk12

It's a "sidequel" I guess... I imagine it'll be more of a sequel to the original Fallouts though, since it's taking place in the same general area. (Well, assuming it's in Vegas).

5. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting, will definitely be looking out or it.

6. firehawk12

Yep. We'll see how much freedom they'll have to make it "campy", since the first two games were very strange that way. Although, now that I think about it, with Alpha Protocol delayed to next year, I wonder if New Vegas will come at the same time. Maybe it'll be Q2 for Alpha Protocol and Q4 for Vegas - about the same time frame as Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2.

7. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought it for the equivalent of $23 at amazon.co.uk plus $8 in S&H. It costs $69 at amazon.de :lol:, besides I wanted an English language version.
    I'm not sure if they ship to the USA though. Amazon.com wouldn't ship a copy to Germany. Probably restrictions due to different distributors or something. :rolleyes:

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Sounds good to me, gives me time enough to enjoy both games.

Alpha Protocol is Obsidian's first foray into original territory since they, well, became Obsidian. Before this, they've just been working on sequels to games developed by BioWare. Hopefully it turns out well.

9. jonepole

jonepole Cadet Newbie

I bougth this game and its excellent port. Hugely improve controls in this game. It is a best version then any other version with high graphics. It is really fantastic game. I think every body should play this game if they like to play game. I really enjoyed it.

10. dragunzng

dragunzng Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just started my 3rd playthrough (my hard drive was wiped and I lost all my data, 150 hrs worth). It's amazing how much content there is in this game, I'm 9 hrs in and I've found a TON of places I'd never been to previously. Plus, I found Dogmeat! I'd never found him before!

11. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Right now I am doing a second playthrough of the game, this time with the Broken Steel and Point Lookout DLC. I'm enjoying the game as much as I did the first time, if not a little more.
    That has never happened to me, but I am paranoid about it. Lately, when playing games such as FO3, I have started making occasional save game backups to my USB thumb drive.

12. dragunzng

Are you playing on PC? I'm playing on PS3. There are frequent power outages (multiple times a day) and as well as power surges and drops in voltage, it really hammers electrical equipment and my PS3 has not been spared.

Right now I'm playing through vanilla FO3, I just stumbled across the Bethesda ruins, for some reason I'm not finding as much spare armor and weaponry as I did my first couple of playthroughs, which is weird since my luck is on 7, at least a point or two higher then it ever has been!

13. firehawk12

Would that fry the HDD though? Although I guess you can't just pop that into a new PS3 because of the DRM or whatever?

14. Brandonv

Yeah. Is there no way to back up saves on consoles?

Some Steam games now have a feature that automatically stores your save games, graphics settings, ect, in a Steam server. Maybe one day the Playstation Network and Xbox Live will add such a feature?

15. dragunzng

There is, but I'm stupid and never learn my lesson, no matter how many times I get burnt. I'm 20 hrs in now and I keep telling myself to back the save file up... but I R lazy.

I emerged from a tunnel the other day into the bright sunlight to see lasers and bullets whizzing across the screen. Upon closer inspection I found that two Brotherhood Paladin's were trying to take down a super mutant. I considered using the distraction to just run away and not get involved, but then decided to use a sneak critical attack.

After I'd taken the mutie down I ran over to the paladin's to see what was what, they thanked me and told me one of their initiates was trapped in a nearby building, would I mind helping? I love those kinds of quests, that just come along naturally as you happen to be wandering the wastes.

16. dragunzng

Whoops, I just lost Dogmeat. I can't say I care though, he was starting to get on my nerves, running over my mines and into the path of my grenades.

17. firehawk12

Just get the perk that gives you infinite Dogmeat(s). :lol:

18. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Or just wait for Fallout 4, I'm sure he'll make his 4th consecutive series appearance there.

19. dragunzng

I'm really not missing him that much.

I just completed The Replicated Man. So weird how different experiences can be, the first two times I played that I first heard about him when I got to Rivet City, I spent like 10 hours hunting around all over the wastes for information and tapes and what have you.

This time, because my intelligence is much higher, I heard about him in Megaton, some random "Underground Railroad" type person approached me in the wastes and gave me a part, and then I turn the quest in to guy looking for him at Rivet City and that's it.

Also, I ran across something... weird in the wasteland. It was at a barn near Vault 106, late at night, as I crept up to the entrance, I noticed some raiders inside acting odd.

The four of them seemed to be having a conversation, but one of them wasn't wearing clothes (other than underwear) and he had his hands up in the air. Another was wearing what seemed to be a white BDSM outfit that barely covered his privates. Naturally I shot him first, but I really want to know what the hell was going on. At first I assumed the guy with his hands up was a captive, but it turned out he was just a nearly naked raider... I'm so confused.

20. Brandonv

It seems that Bethesda really beefed up the enemies in the Point Lookout expansion. The Tribal members are not wearing any armor, but some of them can withstand several point-blank double-barrel shotgun blasts to the head, from my character who has 100 small guns and 8 agility. :eek: