College Football 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by B.J., Aug 28, 2013.

1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

No guts, no glory.

Plus, they were pretty confident OSU would score in overtime anyway, so the odds were good since they were running hot.

Plus, their season is over, OSU's is not.

Plus, if they make it, everyone is talking about how awesome a call it was.

2. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Wow. What an ending to the Iron Bowl!

That was crazy.

I bet Saban never tries another field goal for the rest of his coaching career.

:lol:

3. Lieut. Arex

Lieut. Arex Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

holy crap!

4. tighr

5. 1001001

Good grief!

That USC UCLA game was painful. The Bruins dominated every aspect of the game.

Damn!!!!!!

6. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

Go for the win at home, they certainly weren't stopping anOSU in over time.

7. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, wow. So much ground to cover with yesterday's events.

Glad to see Tennessee finish the year on a high note, even if it was against a pathetic Kentucky team. That was without question the toughest schedule in program history, and next year's doesn't look much easier.

Couldn't be happier for Coach Cutcliffe and the Duke Blue Devils. 10 wins and consecutive postseason trips for the first time since ever! Way to go, Duke!

Also happy for Missouri, going to the SEC Championship Game in only its second year as an SEC member. When the season began, everyone was thinking we'd see a rematch between Georgia and Alabama. "Not so fast, my friend!" Anarchy rules!

Now, for the insanity. I was among those screaming "What are you doing?!" at my TV when Michigan went for the two-point conversion. After thinking it over, I can see why they did it. They figured that the Buckeyes would probably prevail in OT, so they wanted to try and cinch it right there. Makes sense. Also makes my brother-in-law's family (residents of Springfield, OH and die-hard Buckeyes' fans) quite happy.

Speaking of controversial calls backfiring, how about Alabama's decision to try a 57-yard FG with their backup kicker? Nearly pulled it off, but no one saw that return coming... clearly, or they would have had men in place to block him. Kudos, Auburn. You've got to be the luckiest team in the nation in 2013. That's the stuff that champions are made of. I was rooting for Alabama because it would have been neat to see the Tide make history by winning three straight national titles, but that was one of the all-time great college football games. I'll never forget it.

8. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Finally, someone recognizing Duke for an incredible season! Regardless of what happens in the ACC title game, it's good to see this not getting completely lost in the madness of all that went down yesterday!

And my reaction on the Michigan call at the end was the same... but I pretty quickly came to agree with Hoke's call. Ballsy? Definitely, but I liked it. This was a lost season for them so to beat their arch-rival in a game where they were heavy underdogs, and then screw up their title chase.... all of that on top of the fact that neither team was stopping the other's offense... Yeah, it was a good gamble.

9. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been following them ever since David Cutcliffe became their head coach. I just knew he'd be able to make them respectable. Wasn't sure if he could take them as far as they've come this year. A divisional championship means as much to a program like Duke as a national championship means to others.

10. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

GT: CRAP! :brickwall:
    AU: HOLY CRAP! :eek: :D (My wife and in-laws, all Auburn alums or fans, were beyond giddy!)

^Definitely! And something else I wondered about is that many teams have people that will root against them no matter what. However, I can't think of anyone, other than whatever team was currently playing them that week, who hasn't been rooting for Duke this year! (In football, of course. Basketball is an entirely different subject! :D )

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

This news story is just unbelievable. :brickwall:

12. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

The state of Alabama is a terrifying place.

13. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Certain parts, yes. (I love my portion, though!) Although I'm kinda surprised that happened in Hoover.

14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Daylight Saban Time
    Turn all clocks back one second--and lose.

Running Back U pulls another win. Next up? Mizzou

15. Neroon

Oklahoma scores a last-minute TD to beat Okla St 33-24 ... and that's just the beginning. As great as last weekend in college football was, this weekend has serious potential to be even more outstanding!

As Missouri and Auburn are proving with their back-n-forth scoring.

Tre Mason.... 300+ yards?! Who needs a passing game? :p

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  16. 1001001

Missouri will have to work on that run defense...

:lol:

Go Spartans!

:techman:

17. tighr

As a fan of Bama, I'm pulling for both Sparty and Duke. At a minimum, Auburn in the BCSNCG. At best, Iron Bowl rematch!

18. 1001001

I think it would be great if Duke won.

Sparty is looking good so far.

19. 1001001

Adios, OSU.

:techman:

20. Neroon

They were outplayed, alright. Which is what was so disheartening. It wasn't that they lost or the scores of idiotic comments from some SEC fans (and I emphasize "some") that got me down, it was the way that OSU lost. I thought we might have a chance there for a Auburn/Missouri style of game... but alas, no.

But I still raise a glass to MSU and their game. They looked good.

And I completely applaud OSU and their efforts, too. Proud of those guys!