The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Anne Hathaway is Selina Kyle - The Dark Knight Rises

please...make it so.:guffaw:

2. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Bane can be a very interesting villain and can be used in the way people thought Hugo Strange would be; a brilliant mind who hunts down Batman and is his equal physically.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

How did Jackson Archer miss this? He may cry at not having posted the thread (sorry dude).

Good choice, a sexy talented actress. She's been linked with a comic villainess role since Sam Raimi's abortive Spider-man 4. And the Brokeback Mountain/ Batman connection continues. One of that movie's stars, Jake Gylenhall, was runner-up for the role of Batman in Begins, while his co-star, Heath Ledger, landed the role of The Joker. Jake's sister, Maggie was in TDK, while Ann Hathaway played Jake's wife in BM (and co-stars with him in Love and Other Drugs).

So Tom Hardy is Bane? Interesting that Nolan should use the character after Batman & Robin so totally messed him up. Anyone who saw him in Bronson will know that Hardy is capable of applying the necessary bulk and muscle to his frame and he ought to give Christian Bale a run for his money.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely an unexpected pairing of characters. I might have preferred to see Catwoman and Riddler instead, but I'm sure Nolan will come up with something cool regardless.

And Hathaway can do the cute and sexy thing well enough, while also bringing an intelligence when she needs to, so that should be good.

5. Re: Anne Hathaway is Selina Kyle - The Dark Knight Rises

I wonder if Bruce Wayne is going to start using 'venom' to try and keep going as the war on crime (and being pursued) takes its toll on him. That seems like a character-centric Nolan way to tie into Bane.

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Yeah I don't get the Bane thing either--unless there's a radical reinterpretation. Maybe it's just a red herring?

But I'm okay with Hathaway. She's definitely gorgeous. I wonder if they chose her because they plan to focus more on Kyle herself and less on the Catwoman part.

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Re: Third Nolan Batman film title announced!

Go see him in Bronson

http://www.bronsonthemovie.com/

I was wondering how on earth there was a thread on this subject in the BBS not started by you. Your post here explains it.

As I said there, I think both are great choices for the roles; Ann is a sexy and talented actress, while Hardy is capable of adding the requisite muscle for Bane, not to mention the menace.

8. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

That's a good way to fit Bane into that film universe. He doesn't seem to fit in, as it is.

9. Re: Anne Hathaway is Selina Kyle - The Dark Knight Rises

Nolan's statement does specifically say "our new interpretation" of Bane. I imagine that was a deliberate phrasing to let us all know that we won't be getting the lame Bane

my own hunch is the "drug addiction" part of the character feels like a Nolan-esque "in."

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pleased and excited about this news. Tom Hardy as Bane is a little out of left field but it's about time he gets a serious depiction and Nolan is the person who can make it so. I loved "Knightfall" when I was a kid and most of it still holds up today. Anne Hathaway is a great choice. A talented actress who has shown that she can be very versatile with the roles she chooses. I can't wait to see her directed by Nolan, he always gets the most out of his actresses.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

BANE?! They're doing BANE?! I totally did not see that coming. That said, I like Bane in the comics (particularly in Secret Six) so I look forward to the Nolan version of Bane.

I'm pretty shocked, I really didn't think he'd reuse a character already done in the movies again. I assumed he'd go with someone new (like Hugo Strange).

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The enhancement drugs could be a new franchise for Dr. Crane.

13. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's what I'm guessing too.
    I'm wondering if he'll go the "LOTDK" route and start off with Bruce Wayne addicted to it too.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have to admit that this announcement has me caring a lot less about the movie.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Too bad all the posts about how awful Heath Ledger would be as Joker no longer exist on this site. :lol:

16. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's ok.
    We all remember. :lol:
    Just like everyone was so excited about X3 and Wolverine before they came out too.

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Yeah. Everyone was so serious about it.

18. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Ugh, can't stand Ann Hathaway.

I was hoping for Hardy as Hugo Strange, but I'm interested to see where he'll take Bane, so all is not lost.

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, it's not like the Joker hadn't been done before (twice).

20. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I was thinking the same thing.

I wonder if he'll be selling it, though, instead of just pumping himself with it.