teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. gturner

gturner Admiral

I think I liked season 10 more than season 9, and probably more than major sections of season 8.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Pegasus Project: Ah the beautiful Atlantis.. how I love that city. Nice job with the stargate jumper cables deal!

I am hanging out for Vala and Daniel to get it on. CHEMISTRY BABY. They got it. Don't tell me please. I want to spend the rest of the season in hope.

[​IMG]

3. teacake

Insiders: I couldn't stop thinking about the MLP episode Too Many Pinkie Pies when I watched this. Get those Baal's out of the dull grey jumpsuits, if we are going to have this many let's get that Goa'uld style back!!

Poor Agent Barrett, ever the dumbass in a suit who's rule sticking clags up the works. And now he's still all that but he's also a brainwashed agent of the enemy. I wonder if we'll see him again.

Vala was visibly pining for Daniel in this one. Visibly.

[​IMG]

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know you're generally against spoilers, but you've already watched Atlantis, so you already know the answer to that.

But a hint: season 10 SG-1 corresponds with season 3 Atlantis, meaning seasons 4 and 5 Atlantis are post-SG-1.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think after season 6 the show should have been only 13 episodes long because that's all they can really seem to get with decent stories, and the rest was filler. However by season 10 I was really sick of the Ori, so I have to say season 10 is probably better than a lot of season 7 and 8, but season 9 started and ended really well.

Besides the fact I think it's silly we had one small ship in season 6 and 3-4 years later we have a fleet of massive ships.

6. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

In season 10 the only ships Earth had were the Daedalus, Apollo, and Odyssey if memory serves. It's a pretty weak effort if anything given that the entire galaxy is at stake.

7. The Wormhole

Honestly, the "Earth had a whole fleet of ships" thing really is an exaggeration. In all Stargate Earth had built 7 ships.

1) Prometheus
    2) Daedalus
    3) Odyssey
    4) Korolev
    5) Apollo
    6) Sun Tzu
    7) George Hammond

Two of those were destroyed and another was never actually seen on screen, just mentioned. And considering these ships had duties which spanned two galaxies, Earth really doesn't have much of a starfleet at all.

8. teacake

Uninvited: I was impressed with how the creatures looked like their insides were on their outsides. Nicely grotesque. A bit X-Filey.

I wouldn't want to be stuck in a cabin "relaxing" with either Landry or Mitchell. Now Vala.. that would be far more entertaining. Actual conversation which wasn't blahblah war stories.

[​IMG]

Teal'c: A true warrior knows.. when to fold 'em.

I chuckled.

9. The Wormhole

What I didn't get was what was the deal with Carter being in command of the SGC while Landry was gone? First of all, since Carter is part of an SG team, she shouldn't really be part of the SGC's chain of command, there should be a whole admin staff of officers who never go off-world and whoever is the next ranking after Landry should be the one left in command. But even if we assume Landry gave all of them the day off and left only SG team personnel, than command should have gone to one of the officers that outranks Carter, like Colonel Reynolds for example.

This bothered me and is an example of the whole "main characters overrule everyone else, regardless of rank" thing that is so common in Star Trek.

10. teacake

It was one of those plot devices that only bleeped briefly on my radar.

Charging inside out pig bulls had my attention.

11. The Wormhole

Also, despite season 7 making it clear that the President of the US is a fictional character in Stargate, Uninvited implies Dick Cheney was Vice President at the time with a joke about his infamous hunting accident.

teacake likes this.
  12. teacake

I was thinking of starting a poll as to people's opinion of Vala in pony tails.

What do you all think? I am not a fan. It irritates me, seems to play in with the Vala is just a bit too silly to be with all these grown up air force folk theme. And it just doesn't suit her.

13. gturner

gturner Admiral

I would also vote no on the pigtails, but perhaps Goa'uld fashions are just out of sync with our own. Frankly, I'd expect an extremely high-maintenance (ancient royal) or very quirky hairstyle from someone who'd been host to a high-profile Goa'uld.

14. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't like Vala at all, that said I see Seasons 9 & 10 as a seperate series

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

We went from one ship, to a small fleet in a couple of years, and in season 9 and 10 the ships are rather large (The Prometheus was small) and just kept cranking out more and more as the story needed, and how could they build these without the public knowing?

16. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Pigtails may have childish connotations on Earth, but Vala isn't from Earth.

17. teacake

200: So we open with "previously on.." scenes from quite far back in Stargate. I'm sitting there, eating my papaya, letting it all wash over me and suddenly I'm like..

WHAT!

wtf is THIS? I haven't seen THIS!? which also btw looks TERRIBLE..

:guffaw:

I have to photobomb this one because it was full of priceless, precious moments. I laughed my ass off through it!!

[​IMG]

OMG!!!! (recurring exclamation)

[​IMG]

BWAHAHA lighting in this and the above one is PERFECT!!!

[​IMG]

YO! Teal'c my man!

[​IMG]

Dying here.. :lol:

[​IMG]

WAH how they TEASE US!!

And then there's the long awaited..

[​IMG]

Blinky Bill cameo.

I haven't laughed that hard at tv in a long time. I'm already looking forward to rewatching it. As Vala would say, it was PACKED with JAM!

An absolute treasure of affectionate hilarity.

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt7y9IOfbyU[/yt]

:lol:

19. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If it were a real show, I would watch it!!

20. The Wormhole

"Yo dawg, what you do that for?"
    "Dude, that hot chick was so totally a Goa'uld."
    "I know! I was still gonna tap dat ass."