X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, May 31, 2011.

?

How Much Did You Enjoy X-MEN: FIRST CLASS?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2011.
  1. A+ (Great Movie!)

73 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. A (Entertained a lot!)

93 vote(s)
    45.4%
  3. B (Was okay, not bad)

30 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C (Below expectations)

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. D (Very bad)

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. F (Intolerable, want money back)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

X-Men: First Class has officially as of this weekend crossed $350m WorldWide!! :beer:

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hooray! Slowly but surely.

3. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And good timing as it finishes any second runs and then has the video releases in a few weeks. The suspense is killing me! :)

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

:beer:

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope we get a sequel.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think we'll get an announcement next year of some kind and not just for First Class but the future of the X-Franchise in general.

7. KB24

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    I can't argue much with that.
    My exception is swapping Priest and GL.
    Priest makes GL look better than it was.
    I'd swap those two and lower Priest another full point.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ "Priest" was way worse than "Green Lantern". I wasn't disappointed with GL despite it's flaws. I was with the former.

10. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I think he certainly nails my main issue with Cowboys & Aliens: "Cowboys & Aliens works far better as a western than an alien invasion picture. After the opening attack on Absolution, the sense of threat from the aliens drops significantly. The aliens themselves are generic and predictable once they claim a larger part of the story."

11. KB24

12. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm, the article said the release date was the 9th, but the poster on the security scanners at the Wal-Mart where I work says Sept. 6.

14. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

The 6th is right. That's the tuesday.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok, good to know.

16. KB24

There was talk of a Special Friday release which I guess was the 9th. So either they moved it back thanks to some pre buzz or Walmart and a few other box places have the special deals? Remember when you went to the 24 hour Walmart at midnight to get the special release sets? Maybe something like that is going on? Be nice if they said something concrete instead of just leaking a Japanese drag ad. I still haven't heard if it is really a choice of two covers or a double faced blu ray.

I haven't pre ordered though. I want to see it, feel it in my hands! Have to go with blu ray with this one, that's were the features are of course. That means no screencaptures, but eh it will look could and be all fancy.

Have to survive a dang hurricane first!

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Turns out I remembered wrong, I spent some time covering for one of our door greeters today, and it turns out the release date on the ad is the 9th.

18. KB24

Coming out from under Irene and resurrecting this thread once again for some new behind the scenes photos.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=45425

There was a 14 minute deleted scenes reel on youtube but I think it was taken down now. I suppose we'll see all the goods soon enough with the video releases.

ETA: Found the video elsewhere

http://englishdwarf.tumblr.com/post/9543997867/ok-here-are-the-deleted-scenes-all-together-the

We've been watching TOS marathons during the storm. My husband is brand new to Trek, and some of the questions he's asking I would post over in the other forums but sometimes they really jump on a nube, you know? He's having a good time on Memory Alpha, that's enough. Now if only I could convince him to watch First Class!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  19. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Glad your safe KB, your area ok?

20. KB24

Thanks Shinobi! Yeah some flooding and lots of people without power for awhile. We didn't get the worst for sure, so now everybody is doing the usual overhype and bust talk, which I think is crazy. To those that were devastated, this was not hype.

Getting a bit of cabin fever though! I have to get out tomorrow or snuggle in with some MI-5 instead of my usual horror marathons. My husband only has 17 TOS episodes left and he's decided that Shat is a real ass. I must admit it is amusing to see him discover these things for the first time!

I have to finish She-Ra soon on the Instant Watch too so I can move on the the animated X-Men. Really love that one! Really, best lineup and storylines, and the time to do it. I think we already discussed all that and the possibilities for series to be the way to go though way back in the 150 page opus