Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. DostoyevskyClone

DostoyevskyClone Captain Captain

Yo!

I just posted a rather lengthy introduction thread but I thought I better introduce myself here too. I just bought season one on DVD less than a week ago and am really enjoying the series so far. Prior to the DVD's, I had only seen 4 or 5 episodes, so I really am a newbie. See ya around!

2. sxxpolarisxx

sxxpolarisxx Cadet Newbie

HI. My name's Mike.I watched TNG growing up and throught the Borg were cool. I never watched one epsiode of Voyager while it was actually on air. I've been watching it on spike tv lately, and felt compelled to join a message board after watching "Child's Play." The borg children, and Icheb in particular, are the coolest plot twist in a Star Trek series I can think of. I've also seen that people say that the Borg were castrated in Voyager. Granted, Voyager does seem to consistently make out well in their confrontations, but as a narrative strategy and storyline, the Borg are absolutely horrifying. I've never been disturbed by an episode of Star Trek, until I saw the episode where Seven-of-Nine is forced by the Queen to partake in the assimilation of a planet. It was powerful and engaging, and almost Stephen King like, with its mixtyure of horror and sci fi. Thank you.

3. blaze25

blaze25 Cadet Newbie

Hey I'm new to the site. Just lookin around. Oh I love Voyager.

4. Arianwen

Arianwen Admiral Admiral

I'm hooked, now. I've been off work due to stress leave so I've been watching Voyager 3 times a day! It airs twice on Spike and once on Space! I want season 1 on DVD but it's hella expensive, like $130. Ouch!!!

5. Imzadi13

Imzadi13 Commodore Commodore

^^^try ebay! my fiance got me the entire series for valentines for 5 something. Yea expensive but almost 500 less than it woulda been.
    Glad u like it. I love this show!

6. Arianwen

Arianwen Admiral Admiral

I've been thinking about getting it on Ebay. It is my birthday in less than a month so maybe the birthday fairy will bring me Voyager Season 1. :lol:

Why is it so gorram expensive!? I got Stargate SG1 season 1 for like $30!!! Not the same series or the same company but more than $100 more for Voy?! WTF! The Ent DVDs I got when they were released were obscenely expensive, like $150.

7. Imzadi13

Imzadi13 Commodore Commodore

^^ yeah the ENT ones are outta this world. I'm waiting for them to really come down. Kinda funny since that was the one cancelled, but oh well.

Just browse around ebay. You're sure to find VOY for a good deal.
    If not...I have a site that they sell them for a good deal. I'll PM ya if ya want. Don't wanna derail the thread more than we already have :lol:

8. Arianwen

Arianwen Admiral Admiral

Hehe.

Voyager in 30 mins! Yay!

9. TailKinker

TailKinker Cadet Newbie

Hello all! I just joined as well. I have been a long time Star Trek fan, since TOS was first aired (yes, I'm that old!). I thoroughly enjoy watching (and reading) any of the Star Trek series, Voyager has always been my favorite. There is just something about the characters that makes me going back for more! So, I thought I would join a forum to join in discussions and hopefully make friends!

-----------
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations!

You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Spock, Amok Time

10. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

Welcome to the board TailKinker. :)

11. Athlor

Athlor Cadet Newbie

Greets to all Voyager fans.
    I used to hang around here a year or 2 ago but found the anti-Voyager retoric and retro-trek people so depressiing. I'm all better now since things seem to have settled down a bit. ;)

12. presence

presence Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello. I never caught the show on UPN so I'm watching the dvd sets, currently part way through season 5. Love the series. Wish they had done a Voyager movie set after they returned to earth.

Does anyone know why the STAR TREK VOYAGER COMPANION has a different episode order than the episode guide on this site?

13. kakashi76767

kakashi76767 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

you know before spike started running voyager i didnt like it because i was in college when it first aired and the episodes i happened to catch were some of the worst (the one with the macro viruses sticks out - the cgi made me want to puke). But i've just seen some great episodes like "The Chute" "Before and After" "Demon" and "Course: Oblivion". i had no idea the series contained such gems. I once thought the only good characters were Paris and the doctor, but now i really like Chakotay, Tuvok and Neelix. I guess the sheer horror of a series like "Enterprise" makes me appreciate Voyager for what it really is - a trek spin off that offers its own special sort of trek-bliss.

-------------

What is the name of your vessel?
    Riker: "The lollipop. She's a good ship."

14. TimelessTrek

TimelessTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^^ Actually, for a TV show, Voyager has REALLY high quality CGI - if you want cheesy CGI, just look at Babylon 5.

Voyager is a wonderful show - if you stick around a bit here on TrekBBS, you'll quickly realize that 99% of the people who hate or dislike Voyager have never seen anything more than a handful of episodes, mostly from the first two seasons.

15. Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia Cadet Newbie

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie to this forum. I grew up watching TNG with my dad and thinking it was pretty boring, but by the time Voyager came out I was starting to get hooked. I didn't have much time for TV in college and ended up falling out of the loop, so to speak. I was very excited when Spike recently picked up Voyager, and I've fallen in love all over again. I'm jazzed to find a place to come and discuss the series with other fans
    :drool:

16. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not really a new Voyager fan, but I don't post much in this forum. I figured I was in the mood and Spike is showing Season 5 episodes which is nice. Looking forward to when they show Season 6 and I can see some classics like Memorial, One Small Step, and Blink of an Eye again, which I haven't seen in a long time.

17. Schistocerca

Schistocerca Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi everybody. I am an old Voyager fan but brand new to the board. I have lurked here for a while so thought it was time I took the plunge.

18. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

^ That's cool. Welcome to the board. :bolian:

19. RainCrystal

RainCrystal Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello,
    I joined here this week because I'm a fan of Star Trek. I'm starting to watch all the Voyager episodes and Deep Space 9 from beginning to end. I used to watch the original Star Trek series and New Generation when I was a kid but I can't remember some of them.

20. Lek

Lek Lieutenant Red Shirt

I too am a long time lurker, post alot in the Movies forum...glad to have a DVR and watching Voyager from Caretaker to Endgame...never got to really appreciate this show during its original airing...the kazon story arc left me wanting more and watching DS9 instead. Now after several years and watching Voyager again, everything seems so fresh and provacative!!