STAR TREK II and "Space Seed" on big screen!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by ultradan, Aug 6, 2013.

1. ultradan

ultradan Cadet Newbie

Hey folks,

I am just forwarding info about a film screening that Trek fans should be interested in. Exhumed Films and The International House in Philadelphia, PA will be screening a rare 35mm print of STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN on Friday, August 23. This is part of a sci-fi double feature with the 1984 favorite THE LAST STARFIGHTER. As an added bonus, the showing of WRATH OF KHAN will be preceded by a 16mm screening of the original series episode "Space Seed"!

This is a sanctioned screening that has been approved by both Paramount and Universal Pictures—all rights have been paid through Criterion Pictures USA (for Paramount) and Brian Ginsburg for Universal.

Tickets to the event are only $15, and it’s an extremely rare opportunity to see these films on the big screen in 35mm. And THE LAST STARFIGHTER includes several actors from various STAR TREK series, including Wil Wheaton, Marc Alaimo, and Meg Wyllie from “The Cage”!

Below is a link to the ticket page, as well as the main Exhumed Films webpage; I am not sending you this as spam, but as an opportunity for Star Trek fans to participate in a really cool event. Hope to see some folks in a few weeks.

Best,

Dan Fraga,
    Exhumed Films

[Ad info cut. Thanks, The Management]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  2. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

ultradan, I'm sorry, but you're advertising unauthorized. If you want to let people know about your event, do it through proper channels. You've earned an infraction for spamming. Talk to the site administrators about appropriate advertising.

3. ultradan

ultradan Cadet Newbie

Fair enough--I'll try to go through specific channels. This is a show that is organized by fans, for fans, and I'm just trying to get the word out to folks who might be interested. Thanks for the heads up.

--Dan

4. Zippo and Flask

Zippo and Flask Lieutenant Red Shirt

An event by fans for fans is free. A $15 event, unless the proceeds are going to charity, is a commercial enterprise.

5. ultradan

ultradan Cadet Newbie

Not trying to argue, but a free event would obviously not cover the costs of the 35mm film print rentals, securing rights, renting the venue, etc. Simply because there is a (reasonable, I think) admission cost does not mean we are not fans of the genre and the films in specific.

Exhumed Films is not a company, it is a group of four friends with real jobs who organize film screenings out of a love of cinema. We do not personally profit from the shows; any money made off of screenings in re-invested in the organization to purchase other film prints, pay for screening rights, purchase prize giveaways for the screenings, etc. Sometimes our shows lose money, sometimes they make money. In the end, it all averages out.

At any rate, I'm not trying to offend anyone. I simply thought some Star Trek fans in the Philadelphia area might want to catch "Space Seed" and KHAN on the big screen. Pursue or ignore at will!

Best,
    Dan

6. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

What about a break-even fan event, where admission covers film hire, equipment hire and venue hire?

Good luck finding "free" events!

I'm confused.

This thread was acceptable because I was a happy customer, not the organiser?:
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=205753

Was this one a paid ad?
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=220195

7. Kinokima

Kinokima Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I am from the Philadelphia area and I am happy to know about this. I will try my best to make it.