Ridiculous Injuries

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spot's Meow, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ You didn't wake up with a traffic cone by any chance, did you?

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^And some other guy woke up, hung-over, with a broken nose and black eye, and wondered what the hell happened.

3. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Here are my dumbest injuries:

In high school, tried to participate in a stapler war. Result: stapled my own finger.

A much more recent one: pulled a back muscle bending over to pick up a 10-pound cat. I felt like such an idiot for that one. I had just bent over the wrong way, and next thing I knew, I felt my back twist, and I'd pulled a muscle.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^I stapled my thumb, once. Much swearing ensued.

5. Bigjoe

Bigjoe Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Bent my thumb nail right back while playing American Football. 6ft 4" and I was nearly crying like a baby. :(

6. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bit a chunk of my tongue off while chewing gum, proving once and for all that I can't walk and chew gum at the same time. My tongue still has a little divot in the front.

7. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nothing good ever happens after hearing those three words uttered.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I still have a piece of graphite in my thumb from when I stabbed myself with a pencil when I was about 8 years old.

Ooh, here's a weird one. I used to be tongue-tied. The little piece of tissue underneath my tongue extended all the way to the end, and as a result, I couldn't stick my tongue out past my teeth. Due to a crazy teeth-brushing mishap, I ended up slicing that piece of tissue (I believe it's called the "frenulum") in half! Lots of blood and a few days of pain later, I was no longer tongue-tied.

9. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^I have a piece of graphite in my forefinger from where I stabbed myself too!

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Here's another one. Not really "ridiculous," but it still confuses me.

Back in my super rebellious teenage days, I got my ear pierced. It lasted for about a month before I decided I hated it, so I took it out. The hole got infected. Okay, fine, no big deal. Shit heals.

Except that it never did. I haven't had an earring in there in roughly 14 years, and the hole is still open, and it still occasionally gets inflamed. You'd think it would have healed by now, right?

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is a little bit ridiculous, because I should have been wearing a cap anyway:

A few years ago when I was visiting New York City, I happened across the filming of Spider-Man 3. I stayed - too long, it turned out - to watch them rehearse, and I got one hell of a sunburn. On my bald head. :eek: (And worse yet, I haven't even seen the film, so I have no idea what the scene in question was about! All I know is that Spidey was being lowered, upside down, onto a stage where there were a lot of cops.)

It's still in there? Isn't that poisonous?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. thestrangequark

^Yeah, it's still in there. No, it's not poisonous. Pencils aren't poisonous -- they are not, nor have they ever been made of lead. It's just a bit of graphite resulting in an almost imperceptible grey spot on my finger.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yep. It fades more and more with each passing year. I think my body is slowly eating it.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Oh. Alrighty then. There's no possibility of getting it out, I take it? Even if it's not poisonous I would think it would hurt...

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah, got stabbed in the jaw with one by someone in primary school, there's a small darkish spot on my jawline from where it used to be.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Mine has been in my thumb for almost 20 years. I didn't even realize there was still graphite in there until after it healed and I could see it underneath my skin. It never hurt. Couldn't even feel it.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

^ I would just be constantly worried about a chunk of any foreign substance in my body...but if it doesn't hurt and it isn't harmful to your health, I suppose that's enough...

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

As I said mine was lodged somewhere in my right jaw (the tip anyway) until I was in my teens and it never affected my health, just gave an odd black mark for years that I had to keep explaining.

19. thestrangequark

Tattoos don't hurt once they've healed. This is basically the same thing. Just a graphite tattoo rather than ink.
    No fillings, then? ;)

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I jabbed little pieces of pencil graphite into the palm of my hand and my knee (??). I can still see them a little bit.

I don't think the body does anything to graphite.