Life changing films?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ReadyAndWilling, Dec 2, 2013.

1. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

Hi all, I hope I'm not breaking any rules here.

So I'm long-term unemployed and I feel like I really need to watch something to motivate me to go out there. I guess you could say I'm looking for something to 'light my fire'. I love TNG so maybe I ought to go back to TNG and watch a few episodes. I need help with trying to find what I was born to do.

l'm looking to watch a life altering, or even life changing film. I tried searching Google; nothing caught my eye though. Is there a list online someone could link me to? I'm not sure which genre the movie I'm wanting to watch belongs to, but I've always loved science fiction so something 'futuristicky' would be ideal.

Thank you!

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I always find Sam's speech at the end of "The Two Towers" to be pretty damn motivational.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Oh hey, another "tell me what to watch" thread. Awesome.

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I think we should all just ignore this one, and maybe tell the mods.

5. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I feel kind of bad for the dude as part of the, 'long term unemployed,' but perhaps instead of watching a movie to get motivated and posting on here a lot instead investing the time and effort to learn a new skill.

They have online courses in advanced Excel and other programming available for FREE online as well as other free courses that you can take to bone up or imporve one's computer skills.

Or - get out of the house and network with people in real life. LinkedIn is a great way for professionals to connect who are seeking employment.

As an aside, long term unemployed sometimes is a lack of creativity IMO.

A friend of mine who had to take her mother to the Dr. on a regular basis and was temporarily unemployed turned her free time into a mini-business. Older people often need rides to Dr.'s appointments, the grocery store, etc. Her mother knew of several older people who were willing to pay a lot of $$ for a ride in a more comfortable car than a Taxi or bus and enjoy the company.

Long story short - make lemonaid of of a bad situation.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  6. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

Alright, thanks!
    Sage advice... I'm going to need time to get things rolling!

7. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Not to be blunt, but as a "long-term unemployed" person, haven't you had lots of time already?