Voyager Fanfics, Creations, and Favorite Videos

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 6, 2005.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

What fun! The "only run" video I could find in Voayger is QUITE different, although the J/7ers will like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7ATGEhqOo

Love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0atxxJKTwQ&feature=feedrec

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. JanewayRulz!

3. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

4. Ritika1254

Ritika1254 Ensign Newbie

Hello User

Hi,
    Myself Ritika i like your videos keep posting regularly.

5. JanewayRulz!

Re: Hello User

Welcome, Ritika...

I don't think you have to worry about us stopping anytime soon! ;)

6. JanewayRulz!

7. JanewayRulz!

8. T.D. Possum

9. Purdy Bear

Purdy Bear Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

WOW AMG that was an awesome job! I just love it!

10. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens

*drums hands on table*

Yay AMG! I love this song - I'm a huge E.S. Posthumus fan! I have three of their albums. The editing is spot-on; well-played with the voiceovers!

JR, did you write Counting in Time?! I feel like this is a fanfic I've read before... either way, it's clearly time to read it again :)

11. T.D. Possum

Aw, you guys are so sweet.

Pssst J'Rulz, looks like your secret identity isn't anymore. LOL.

12. JanewayRulz!

Well, I HAVE been pushing the darn thing for the last 11 months over here.... :rofl:

Speaking of voice overs... I keep forgetting to mention how "spot on" as froot says, they really are. :bolian:

LOVED the Good Shepard references, and had to take a few moments to recollect where that, "I need to know", line came from during J/C's "argument". Its Janeway's "Prime Factors" dressing down of Tuvok, right? :vulcan:

LOVED the two "prison" scenes... great call on pulling those up from the archive... and simply ADORED that "Janeway turning to look over her shoulder" scene when you say..."Their Captain will risk everything..." :techman:

Oh, and ALSO loved the "extra ships" you brought in. :p

:sigh: I guess by now you can tell I :adore: the darn thing! :lol:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  13. T.D. Possum

LOL I'm glad you like it so much. And yes, I got the voiceover for the argument from that great scene in "Prime Factors".

14. froot

I used to lurk around the Coffee Nebula and see what people posted there, although my "home" forum was DeltaChat, at Jim Wright's site :)

I liked reading the Top 10 Lists and fanfics there.

15. JanewayRulz!

^^ I dipped my toe in there occasionally "back in the day". As I said earlier, LOVED reading Jim's transcipts, with his sidebar commentaries/descriptions of Janeway.

The nebula was famed for its top tens, among other things.

My current fanfic has been on the Neb/web less than a year.

The opus that preceeded it 10 years ago may have been something you ran across back then.

I've got to say... "Counting in Time" is better than my previous efforts, but for people who can competely forget season 7 (it hadn't occured yet), the other isn't "bad".

(kimC, not a lick of timetravel in THAT one... and only a "few" BORG... NO Queens! :guffaw: )

"Counting in Time" has nothing to do with "Out of the Mouths of Babes" and its two companions which were written between season 6 & 7.
    They were my naive vision for how Voyager should end. Alas the writing was more "script" than "novel" and so doesn't flow as well.

Speaking of "Babes"... it has one of my absolute Fav Janeway/B'Elanna scenes that I've ever written/seen/read. (No, I'M not VAIN at ALL! :p ) One that MAYBE even AMG would find tolerable. ;)

Out of the Mouths of Babes... 2000
    Act Five Scene Four (Janeway is about to leave the ship on a mission to save Voyager/ but strand herself in the DQ forever.)
    Day 11. 3:38am.
    (Janeway is on a final "top to bottom" tour of her ship. One last "stroll". She begins on Voyager's bridge and ends on the flight deck of the Aerowing. She is surprised to find it deserted... except for an exhausted chief of engineering. B'Elanna is sleeping on the floor near the conn. It's now 4:11am)
    Janeway: (bends over the sleeping Klingon, and gently shakes her shoulder) B'Elanna... B'Elanna.... come on.... there's got to be more comfortable places for you to sleep than here?
    B'Elanna: (slowly sits up as she awakens) Arghhhh... what's happening??? (looks up at Janeway) Is it time already?
    Janeway: (slides down a bulkhead to sit on the floor next to B'Elanna) Not yet. It's 0413... you fell asleep. (Janeway looks up at the underside of the console.) This isn't the view of my ship I often see.
    B'Elanna: (slides back to sit next to Janeway & so as to rest against the bulkhead) Really? It's one I usually see. - - "under" consoles... in jeffries tubes....
    Janeway: One word of advice... "Delegate", B'Elanna. You've got to learn how to delegate.
    B'Elanna: (rests her head against the wall) Ahhhh... but THIS is the FUN part of being an engineer. I don't want to lose that.
    Janeway: (softly smiles) I know exactly what you mean. That's one of the reasons I never wanted to command a Galaxy class Starship. Those monsters come with so many gung-ho commanders that the Captain is lucky if she Ever goes on an away mission, and you can be sure those are going to be about as exciting as milquetoast.
    B'Elanna: (grins) Did Chakotay ever try to do that to you? Keep you off an away mission due to its danger?
    Janeway: Oh... I think he thought of it once or twice... but he usually had the good sense not to try it....... (smiles) Of course, it also helped that he'd spent the previous 3 years in the Maquis. He'd gotten used to "breaking" the rules... so he didn't object too much whenever I did.
    B'Elanna: (yawning) What are you doing up this early, Captain? Can't sleep?
    Janeway: (shrugs) I like walking Voyager on Gamma shift. Its so quiet... so sparse.... people aren't jumping to attention everytime you round a corner.
    B'Elanna: (accepts this, and nods to the conn) Well, if you're interested... she's ready to go. Neelix plans to finish provisioning her at 8 am.
    Janeway: (nods seriously) Good. I'd hate to be late for my date with destiny.
    (Silence)
    Janeway: (quietly) B'Elanna...?
    B'Elanna: (also quietly) Yes, Captain.
    Janeway: (vulnerable) I was wondering.... if you'd mind.....
    (Silence)
    B'Elanna: (puzzled) Mind what, Captain?
    Janeway: (takes a deep breath, voice cracks slightly) ... If you would mind if I gave you something...... It's for remembrance only.
    B'Elanna: (swallows hard) No..... I wouldn't mind.
    (B'Elanna watches as Janeway reaches into her jacket and pulls out a small bundle. The Captain carefully unwraps it and holds it in the palm of her hand. It's a small black metal bar, outlined with a rectangle of gold. Inside the golden rectangle were four gold pips.)
    Janeway: (lovingly polishes the bar with the corner of its cloth wrapper) My...... mother gave me this the day of my father's funeral. She........ thought it would come in handy one day... (Janeway chuckles) ....when I was promoted... (she reaches up to wipe her eyes with the back of her hand) Anyway.... I'd like you to have it.
    B'Elanna: (B'Elanna's eyes open wide as Janeway lowers the gift into her open palm.) Oh.. my... Captain... I ... I ... couldn't! I'll never... I mean...
    Janeway: (reassuringly) B'Elanna -- This is one of the few things I've carried with me for the last 20 years. From post to post... from ship to ship... across half the Delta Quadrant. It means more to me than anything I have.....I really want You to have it.
    B'Elanna: (whispers as she looks to Janeway) Kathryn. This is a family heirloom. I'm HONORED, truely,. But this should stay in your family. (B'Elanna tries to hand the gift back to Janeway) You should give this to your sister.
    Janeway: (puts her hand over B'Elanna's, causing B'Elanna's hand to close over the insignee) I just did.

(B'Elanna turns to look at Janeway, and then back at their closed hands. She fought to maintain control, but could not. Slowly she let her head drop onto Janeway's shoulder, and she began to gently weep.)

(Thats how Chakotay found them 2 hours later. The tears of both women now dried. Leaning back against the bulkhead, fast asleep.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoho482n90

16. T.D. Possum

17. JanewayRulz!

But but but... I thought she wasn't "allowed" to post this because of the youtube police?

18. T.D. Possum

If you look in the description, there's another link to Yahoo where the vid is up with different audio. I guess Froot will come around soon and 'splain her troubles to us.

19. froot

That was sweet of you to link it! :) Also, JR, I love that scene you wrote! ^

When I tried uploading the original, the audio was removed immediately - I really should have tested for that before I made it! Sometimes a flagged song will simply be blocked in some areas or be fettered with ads, and sometimes the audio just gets stripped straight off the bat. It's an automatic system, and the consequences depend on what entity owns the rights to the music.

I switched the audio for YouTube, but I added a link in the description to the one with the song JR requested, which fits a lot better. Yahoo! video did not remove the audio.

I could have pitch-shifted the song, but it really ruins the fidelity of the music, imo. :(

YouTube doesn't usually flag E.S. Posthumus songs, so I went with the safe bet.

20. JanewayRulz!

I agree that "The Prayer" works great, but then again I am biased. ;)

Glad you liked the above scene from "Out of the Mouths of Babes"...

Its from "the 5th act" of a 5 act story... http://archive.coffeenebula.com/fanfic/prose/outofthemouthsofbabes.php and there's a nice bookend to it in OOTMOB's sequel "Eyes Open".

Now... once again "I" prefer my current effort "Counting in Time" which take place 10 years AFTER "Endgame".... BUT if you love J/C and hate season 7 of Voyager, feel free to read my 2 part story...OOTMOB and EO. (Both written before season 7 took place) For those who hate the "truncated ending" of "Endgame", and want to know if Janeway et al are "tried" for their DQ crimes... :vulcan: there's a nice coda to the two part story in part 3's "Aftermath". Links to the next story are found at the bottom of part 1 & 2.

Oh, and for people who miss Kes and hate "Fury".... I would recommend the older stories. :)

Janeway/Voyager http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbWlQhodRmg :drool:

Janeway/ Black Coffee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgNZjBWJh0s&feature=related ETA: I don't even like coffee... but I've watched this so many times tonight, I think I need to go and drink a cup. Or smoke a cigarette! :beer:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010