Fitness Checkin

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by kimc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It rained all day, so I wasn't able to go on my crazy bike ride that I had planned. However, I did take my bike out for about 20 minutes after I got done weightlifting. My gym is right on the Mississippi River, so I did a little exploring of the bike path.

Supposed to be sunny and 70 tomorrow, so I will definitely be going back.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Went for about an hour bike ride this afternoon. It didn't tire me out as much as I figured it would, but I must say, biking against the wind is annoying.

Otherwise, it was a gorgeous day, and I definitely enjoyed myself.

3. TJinLOCA

TJinLOCA Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congrats! I wish I enjoyed biking, but for some reason I find it really uncomfortable and annoying. I'd rather jog.

Had a good weight workout at the gym yesterday. I'm almost back up to my body weight in the squat. Yay. I feel very powerful when I put those big 35 lb. wheels on the bar. :lol:

4. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

I'm taking too big of side steps. I'm making the outside of my thighs sore.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I used to dislike bike riding, too, but I actually went to a bike shop and bought a bike that was the right size and shape. I'm surprised at how much more comfortable it is.

6. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I did some weight lifting last night and have been riding my stationary bicycle a couple of times a week. I'm getting back into the groove. :D

7. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Went for an hour long run today. Ran almost the entire way, which is only the first or second time I've been able to do that since starting back up. My right hip and foot and left knee were killing me though.

8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Not too much new here, I'm doing a similar routine for awhile longer. I'm down to 244 from a weight of roughly 265 a few months ago. I haven't really hit my leaning down routine yet though. Most of my strength is intact.

RAMA

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have been shoveling food and protein shakes in my mouth like they're going out of style. I have lost 30 pounds since this time last year, and I need to get it back!

10. TJinLOCA

Gee, I was just saying that the other day. :vulcan:

11. archeryguy1701

Got back from my first muddy run of the year. Pretty good hour long jaunt, though my foot was killing me. Should probably take the next day or two off.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, most of the weight I lost was muscle mass.

13. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Well, I tested out of Salsa 1 and Argentine Tango 1. Did it a week before I expected to. I can finish out this month in the level 1 classes and take it easy.

June 1st I start level 2 for both dances.

Go me! :techman:

14. TJinLOCA

Wow. I'm not sure I have 30 pounds of muscle mass on my whole body! :lol: Good luck with getting it back.

15. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I hate that... especially when it just doesn't 'feel' like you staring back at you in the mirror. I don't know about you, but it really depresses the crap out of me.

I've still not adjusted to the idea of me being a cruiserweight.

Speaking of which... I skipped my army training session this morning as I was working through the night. I just realised my pre-selection day is on Thursday and I feel like crap... though two miles in twelve and a half minutes.. which was raised from eleven as I'm old (:shifty:) should still be doable as long as I take a lot of meds.

16. archeryguy1701

Just got back from another hour run. My legs were dead today, though I did get in a pretty good distance (which, for being dead, means that i got in just about my normal distance :lol: ).

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It depresses me the most when I think of how hard I worked to put that muscle on in the first place.

But between my work schedule and my gym's crappy hours, I wasn't able to workout as much as I wanted, and I was too busy to eat as often as I needed to. Sucked.

But I'm finally getting back on track!

18. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I used to run 10-K races relatively regularly -- but as Nero would say "that was another life" (about 25 years ago).

I look like I'm in decent shape now (at least with my clothes on), but I know I'm not...if I tried to run even one mile, I'd be calling 911. However, my brain and my mid-life crisis are calling me to get back into racing shape and get back to running regularly.

My brain knows I should get back into shape because it's good for my heart, and my mid-life crises wants me to get back into shape so I look good again with my shirt off. ;)

My goal is to be able to compete in 5-K races this year, and 10-K races next year.

19. archeryguy1701

I can understand that. Back when I was in HS running track and cross country, I was able to do 5ks and 10ks at a decent pace. Nothing impressive, but I would be able to hold my own against casual runners. However, in recent years my focus has been more on being able to go forever and my speed work has been non-existant, so I honestly don't even try 5ks and 10ks anymore.

Good luck with getting back into it and I hope it treats you well!

20. TJinLOCA

I feel as if I peaked last year when I ran a half-marathon. Since then I've developed arthritis in my hip & have had various injuries that have kept me from doing any serious distances. I'm happy now to run 5K (which is my normal weekday jog) at a speed that's only slightly faster than a walk. :lol: But hey, I'm moving. It's all part of getting old!