SMALLVILLE Winter Hiatus Thread *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Seems like a big waste of time to me. Having a comic book character in name only...just for the sake of it. Geoff Johns retconed Conner into being a clone of both Superman and Lex. But even after that he was visually a clone of Superman. Now he's more a clone of Lex????!!!! :rolleyes:

Not sure how this fits into Lex's return now.

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

So now I'm confused... Bieber is actually a clone of Clark who happens to have all of Lex's memories?

:wtf:

The only good thing I can see about this is that hopefully Rosey is returning AS Lex, and not a clone. Meaning that whoever Ollie killed two seasons back was a clone, and not the real Lex who followed Clark to the Fortress.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know how some of you is from your mommy, and some of you is from your daddy?

The super boy clone in the comics appeared during the reign of the superman after Doomsday killed Kal back in 93. It wasn't till ten years later when geoff Johns was pumping the volume up to 11 in his new Teen Titans book that the dual lineage came to light. There was two years of angst ridden umming and erring where Conner is wondering if he is "inheritly evil" and then they daytrip into the future where the older Superboy, now Superman is solely at the whim of his FATHER "Lex Luthors" considerations, and it was a little after that back in the present that Luthor tripped some post hypnotic trigger (genetic imperative?) which forced Conner to shave his head and murder his team mates.

SHAVE HIS HEAD!

Almost another ten years later and lex Luthors Niece is hitting on SuperBoy and he's all "ewwww... You're my cousin!"

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I think the Lex memories are fading away and also the Lex DNA is being overwritten by the superior Clark DNA.

6. Dick Whitman

Thats been my thinking for a while now. Maybe even that Michael demanded that. Why would he want to continue a plotline that happened since he left the show. The only reason they did any of that stuff in season 8 and this stuff clone stuff was not around. Now whats the point of saddling his return with that baggage.

7. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

It's an AWESOME idea.. if you can't control calrk then try and make someone like him that you can control... :techman:

Great plotline... :techman:

8. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

When you put it like that, it DOES make sense.

9. Dick Whitman

That was Luthor's motivation for creating Bizarro in the comics. Of course things went wrong.

If the real Lex is alive than it means he been plotting and scheming for the last 2 plus years. I think thats preferable to anything thing else for the character and the story. Otherwise a clone with Lex's memories is going to just pop up and take over Luthorcorp. I rather that he has been building an empire in secret or controlling the company behind the scenes all this time.

10. Samurai8472

11. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Same here, this is exactly the scenario I'm hoping for as well.

12. Guy Gardener

I was watching the new Being Human this morning and there was this look which the Vampire gave the werewolf which was as good as saying "Look buddy, I killed one Jimmy Olsen easy enough, so I can kill another one with out much fret, so don't fuck with me, because I'M DOOMSDAY BITCH!."

13. Samurai8472

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

As if there haven't been countless reruns and those newfangled DVD things. Let's just get on with it.

15. Admiral_Young

Yeah I get the intention behind re-airing the pilot...the network wants to celebrate their show's history but whatever. I agree about getting on with it. BTW...there seems to be a fake Lex Luthor promo poster out there similar to the others that were released a few weeks ago. I've not seen it on K-Site or anywhere else yet which is why I assume it's a fake.

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember when TNG ended, they re-aired "Encounter at Farpoint" the night before.

Besides, why shouldn't they show it? Not every SV viewer laps up the DVDs and rewatches them again and again. And no one is forcing long time viewers who have to rewatch it on TV. If anything, it could be an interesting look at how different the show had become over its life.

17. Admiral_Young

Not saying they shouldn't show it...saying I don't have an interest in watching it when they do lol. I'm sure there is a big chunk of their audience who doesn't remember the pilot now. I just don't care myself. Barely care about the show right now as it is.

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I don't know, ten years later, and Clark STILL can't fly!

:lol:

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Oddly enough Clark flew in the second episode of the series!

But, yeah watching the Pilot and then watching the finale would certainly show a huuuugggggeeeeee difference on what became of the show over the last decade.

20. Guy Gardener

Clark is the same.

The last few epiodes have shown that on the inside he's still a dick.

Everyone else has changed though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.