The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

I09 has the trailer for TWD Season 3 available for view here: http://io9.com/5925966/gaze-upon-the-zombie-insanity-of-the-walking-dead-season-3-trailer

One of the things I'm curious about is just how long they are going to be able to keep Carl around. They've managed to minimize the child actor problem in the series by essentially eliminating all of the child characters except him. But he is a MAJOR part of TWD Graphic Novel. Hell, I could see him out living Rick. But really the acts age is starting to show in that clip. Unless there is a major time jump in the series (which would not be unprecedented given that actually ALOT more time had passed in the comics from the initial outbreak to the prison...and they spend a long time at the prison before Woodbury becomes an issue).

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

What the hell? Did Lori come upon a stash of bipolar medication in the prison? She seems supportive of Rick again. Now that was a trailer that piqued my interest. Rick's looking worse for wear, which is to be totally expected. Loving Michonne, loving the shot of Carol handling a machine gun. Excellent.

Carl did look older. Governor looks tasty. :lol: Methinks this show will thrive just fine without Shane.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Looks great. I just know that season 3 is going to absolutely blow away season 2 in terms of quality. :D

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked season 2 just fine, but this certainly does look a lot cooler and more action-packed.

5. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Herschell grew some facial hair...just how much time passes?

T-Dog is stepping up the plate...call him T-Ball now.

Great to have Smallville back...er...Walking Dead...whatever show it is that doesn't live up to comic book expectations.

6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Fuck you, AMC! My ISP pays you to broadcast your shows 24 hrs after the US airing and we still get the finger!

7. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dear God I just sat through an episode of the Walking Dead season 2 where Lori argued with Andrea because she spent her time guarding the encampment putting more pressure on the remaining women to do the cooking and the cleaning! She even accused her to sitting and working on her tan while on guard duty! Wtf? I don't think my jaw fell open so wide since I saw Brad Pitt's abs in Thelma and Louise.

I know these characters are supposed to be hicks but really that level of sexism is lamentable in a 'modern drama without something to balance it out. They didn't even give Andrea any decent comeback about Rick clubbing her on the head and dragging her back to his cave.

And for god's sake will somebody please start sharing skills other than shooting a gun. They have one guy that can fix stuff, one guy that can hunt, one guy with any medical knowledge (who hasn't taught his children anything), and one guy who could play the guitar. Singing round the campfire is now out so they might as well spend some time learning about anatomy.

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Wait, what?? Did I miss something?

9. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

the prison looks way cooler than I was expecting it to be. I was expecting the governor to already have it under control.

10. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

...episode 12 of season 2, apparently.

11. sojourner

Oh wait, for some reason I read "Shane" and thought "Darrell". This show is too damn long between seasons.

12. Dorian Thompson

Oh no no no no.....they're not dumb enough to get rid of Darrell. Darrell rocks, and I suspect TPTB have picked up on that fact. Rick and Darrell are headed for bromance city. :techman: I've never read the comics, but I suspect he'll be like a lieutenant to Rick and be the friend Shane never was. Hell, he's definitely not in love with Olive Oyl, so the bromance should be smooth sailing.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

People! It's spelled Daryl. ;)

14. Dorian Thompson

When I see it spelled that way I think of Daryl Hannah.

15. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

he wasn't a character in the comics he was created for the show. But he's been so popular he's being introduced into the comics.

16. Gotham Central

I still don't understand WHY he was created for the show :confused:. There was a perfectly good character in the comics that filled that role and we would not have to suffer through the embarrassment of "T-dog" (god why!!!!). I wonder who Michonne will end up with since T-dog (REALLY GOD WHY!!!!) just ain't significant enough for her.

17. Gotham Central

Not if you know who shows up ;)

18. sojourner

Well, the preview does show T-Dog with his head in someone's lap. Looks like he gets friendly with someone to me.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Please tell me his body is not attached and there's bloody entrails hanging out of the bottom of the neck :techman:

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Why do you guys hate T-Dog such much?

T-Dog never gets anything to do, but at least he is likable unlike that idiot, Lori. :sigh: