The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

:guffaw:

2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

[​IMG]

After some serious eBay stalking, we finally were able to get Aaron his April O' Neil. We've looked all over here at Target, comic book stores and B&N but to no avail. So looking on eBay, they were going for mostly above $35. We got lucky, a guy had one with a really beat up packaging and had a buy it now of only $20. The condition didn't bother us since we were opening right away.

3. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Went to Target again today, and it was the same Black Series figures as before, no Stormtrooper. I know I could wait for the Stormtrooper from the next wave to show up along with he new Fett, but when I got home I was like "Screw it", and bought the case of four of the most recent wave (trooper, Fett, Anakin, Clonetrooper) to get it and the Fett I wanted. I don't care for the prequel figures, but I can just sell them online at double the... I mean, at a reasonable price. ;)

ETA: Ok, my joke at the end there fell flat, as you can easily get those two online within a couple bucks of the regular price.

ETA 2: Oh, and I saw the 6" scale Jabba too. No Scouttrooper/bike of course. :(

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    No Wave 4 of six-inch Black Series here. I've seen the 6” Jabba, though.

5. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

At present no. I don't have any fodder to work with, wish I did, but Night Girl is there.

CCC.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Long Live The Legion!

7. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that's why I asked. I have a soft-spot for the Subs.

8. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Another one for cooleddie to identify. It looks like a red R2-D2

[​IMG]

9. cooleddie74

I don't remember his specific number designation offhand, but he reuses the 2005-vintage R4-G9 mold from Episode III so I'm thinking he's from one of the two Entertainment Earth astromech multipacks released online in 2007.

10. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I've been adding to my doll collection lately. :) When I get some pictures uploaded, I'll post them.

11. cooleddie74

Nice. We can't wait to see your newest pics!

12. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Nice DBZ set, OdoWan! :techman:

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

^Thanks! I added Piccolo to the mix, today. This version is actually the SDCC exclusive version, so I had to pay a bit extra for him. This version has the coloration from the anime, instead of the manga colors that the regular version has. I grew up with the anime, so to me Piccolo has pink arms, not yellow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had to buy this shirt. It's the only one I've ever seen the Black Knight on! Dane tries to recreate his pose:

[​IMG]

15. OdoWanKenobi

Come on, Dane! Reach just a little further!

Ok, ordinarily I would never condone this, but here's the deal. The Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta figure was a web exclusive and currently goes for over $200 on the secondary market. Yeah...not paying that for a 6" figure. However, a Chinese company called Datong has gotten hold of the molds for it, and are putting out their own bootleg version. As far as bootlegs go, this one is incredibly close to the genuine article. Aside from slightly lower quality paint and a few loose joints, there's very little to distinguish it. So, unless Bandai ever sees fit to give Vegeta a re-release, this bootleg will just have to do for my collection. It's the only affordable way to get the Prince of all Saiyans.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

*Dane stretches a little more. His arm promptly falls off. Again.* :lol:

17. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Are you sure that it really is Dane under that helmet? You know Arm Fall Off Boy has been trying to join the LSH for years. Maybe he decided to try another team.

CCC.

18. cooleddie74

I finally scored a 6-inch Black Series Stormtrooper earlier today. My local Walmarts are resetting their Star Wars peg walls and shelves and just added 6-inch Black Series figure pegs to carry that line.

There was just one Stormtrooper left and the rest of the selection was a bunch of Han Solo, Bespin Luke and Obi-Wan from what looked like two fresh Wave 3 case assortments, but at least I found one. He's even cooler in person than he is in online photos and reviews. :)

19. OdoWanKenobi

^Congrats man. I have still yet to see one of those. I suppose I should start keeping an eye out again.

Hey look, it's a Deadpool and Nightwing thing!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. cooleddie74

^
    Thanks. I'd keep an eye on your local Walmarts. Domestic stores are now following Canadian Walmarts' lead and deciding it's probably a good idea to carry the 6" Black Series product. I never quite got why they didn't in the first place, but after the 2012 retail disaster and being stuck with tons of unsold product (that in some stores is still hanging there) maybe they were just reluctant to want a $20 Hasbro action figure line taking up peg or shelf space when the $9.96 (and cheaper) ones weren't selling that quickly. In any case, they're now part of the peg wall.