Ant-Man: Info, Pics, Rumors, Casting and Details till release

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Oh? I guess it was just a disappointment with critics. I never saw what was so good about that movie.

I thought that movie was okay. Yeah, I was surprised they went with such unknowns for the movie. Peter Pan himself doesn't guarantee a blockbuster.

Maybe. Many people still consider the Disney Peter Pan animated movie to be the definitive version. Any live action Peter Pan movie has a lot to live up to.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I think this is a good move as of now. Sight unseen of trailers for either film.

Both are, at this point, relying more on Brand awareness.
    Ant-Man as a Marvel film
    Pan as the fairy tale you've known for decades

I give the edge to Ant-Man since Avengers Age of Ultron will likely give it a teaser for momentum when it comes out 2.5months before it.

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

At this point, with what we know of each project so far, I think it's a close race domestically, but Pan has the edge worldwide.

I would ordinarily expect one of them to move, but Warners and Disney are getting into such a pissing match that they might actually go up against each other.

4. Captain Craig

As Paul Rudd is out promoting other projects he's starting to get Ant-Man questions. The responses are about what you'd expect this early in the process of him just getting selected.

What, talent might lie to us to keep private deals from falling apart(remember that as you read denials on FF reboot casting)?! ;)

With the awesome new CA:TWS posters dropping today I'm even more eager for casting to finalize and production to start on this.

5. Lawrence B

Lawrence B Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It makes more sense for Lang to end up with Pym's daughter than Janet Van Dyme. Does he have a love interest in the comics?

8. Captain Craig

Just got home and saw this on twitter. I had all but figured Rashida Jones had the role locked up pending an official announcement. Guess they were still testing, hence the delay.

Any reason the role couldn't still be Janet and in the MCU her role is that of lab assistant to Pym. Maybe there is some type of crush but no action ever taken on that feeling and Lang becomes Ant-Man but Pym wants someone he trusts alongside, watching out for his equipment or some such, so Wasp is created? Spitballing here?

9. Alidar Jarok

I'm just suggesting that Lang and Janet shouldn't end up together. I think past Pym/flashback Pym should be with Janet provided they go that route.

10. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Rather unlikely.

Scott Lang also doesn't have any notable love interests in the comics, so this is probably an all-new character.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What if they retooled the villainous female Yellow Jacket?

I loved it how she always ended up above her head and out of her depth.

But as for a women he's actually into, Scott was making out with Darla Deering, that pink haired rock star in the She-Thing exo-skeleton battle armour come the last issue of FF a month back.

http://www.comics.org/issue/1105999/cover/4/

http://www.comicvine.com/ms-thing/4005-85284/

Stole her right out from under Johnny Storm, if men could actually own women that is.

But goofy Johnny went off exploring the universe when he should have been paying her attention, so bad fricking luck if she forgot his name, when that girl was the only reason he fought his way home from hell.

I liked what Scott said to Doom in the end "Reed is a gentleman explorer, you don't have much to worry about when he defeats you, but me, I've been to prison, you #### with me again and I will shank you."

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They just activate a teleport-shunt to dress her in battle armour stored off site.

But yes, it looks just like the old cartoon. :)

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering if the Lily as Pym's daughter rumors are true, and they are just making Janet Hank's daughter instead of wife and having her get together with Lang.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

That scenario wouldn't be my first choice, but it's an acceptable compromise.

16. Janus VI

Janus VI Captain Captain

Another possibility for a female character could be a young Henry Pym's first wife, Maria who was murdered.

17. Captain Craig

That's good outside the box thinking for sure, but a possibility.
    Be a shame to waste Lilly in that manner though.

18. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

The Hollywood Reporter said the role is one that requires signing on for multiple films.

19. Alidar Jarok

That would indeed suggest Wasp. Maybe they first considered Rashida Jones (per earlier rumors) but wanted to go with someone more friendly to genre films?

20. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Rashida Jones just signed on for a new television pilot for TBS. There may have been concerns about scheduling in the event the show goes to series.