‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Perhaps the presence of a Kryptonian and other powerful superhumans on Earth causes he Corps to pay more attention to the planet. To that end, they replace Ryan Reynolds with someone more badass.

2. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Because Hal Jordan is closest in proximity who has the will power and ability to overcome great fear! Ryan Reynolds was always wrong for Hal. Hal is a cocky pilot with attitude. After seeing The Way Way Back and Moon, I think Sam Rockwell would make a great Hal Jordan.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

He should be playing Superman.

[​IMG]

6. Nomad

Nomad Commander Red Shirt

Dwayne Johnson isn't the first actor I'd think of for GL but at least he brings some charisma to the role. I wonder how large his part would be. It's a pretty crowded movie already.

7. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, no more crowded than the average X-Men movie.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What about Dwayne as Kilowogg?

Just imagine he Rock screaming about what he's going to do to all the Poozers in his kitchen.

If Rocket Raccoon goes through the roof, that will trip the need for Ch'p or Bdg to be slotted in somehow.

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Dwayne Johnson is Black Adam.

10. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Johnson as John Stewart? No. That role must be filled by Idris Elba.

He has long been my pick to play Black Adam, though. I would love to see a Shazam movie get off the ground.

11. Guy Gardener

John Stewart form the Daily Show should play himself who finds a Green Lantern Ring

(Colbert gets a Yellow Ring?)

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Colbert's more of an Orange.

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

But X-Men is an ensemble piece. This is theoretically the sequel to Man of Steel. Though its looking more like a Justice League movie if these rumours are true.

14. Guy Gardener

Ensemble?

In the first one, Professor X hugged home base, and Wolverine and Rogue were new acquisitions... A minute before the movie started the entire combat ready X-Men roster was Storm, Cyclops and Marvel Girl.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Thank you! For the longest time I was trying to recall what Jean used to go by in the old days but I just could not remember. True I could have googled it but it wasn't exactly a pressing issue for me ;)

16. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been hearing rumblings of The Rock talking with WB about a part in Superman/Batman. Most like for Doomsday, Martian Manhunter or Lobo. Wouldn't it be interesting if he was Lex Luthor though?

Edit:
    I just read the previous page. Whoa, in talks to play Green Lantern???? And yeah I agree, he should be Black Adam.

17. Captaindemotion

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BOF-Mailbag_1-1-14.html

Batman on Film says that Lex will be in this movie along with another Superman villain that they won't name. Claiming also that its very much a Superman film and that Bats and WW will be supporting roles. Little to back this up but it's been a reliable source in the past.

18. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really hope it's not Doomsday. Still waiting for Brainiac to appear in a Superman film too.

19. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I would say the villains are going to be Luthor and Metallo.

John Corben/Metallo was a Sergeant in the US Army before becoming a super villain. I can picture the US and other world militaries being wary of Superman. Luthor and the US military can form a joint project in order to counter the "Superman Threat". John Corben can be the volunteer for the project. Similar to what we saw in "The Incredible Hulk" with Blonsky getting the super soldier serum to fight the Hulk.

As always I have scans! These are from the 2009 comic series "Superman: Secret Origin".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Luthor has had a hand in creating a number of Superman villains across many different continuities. Most notably Metallo, Parasite, and Bizarro. I can see the creative team of MOS 2 going this route.

[​IMG]

With Metallo being powered by kryptonite, he'll have a good chance at beating Supes. I wonder if WW will be the one to beat Metallo in MOS 2. WW who is physically on par with Superman and has no vulnerabilities to kryptonite. Maybe we can see this happen.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  20. Captaindemotion

Is it just me or does the Corben of those scans look like Kevin Bacon?