Endgame was awesome!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Vulcan Logician, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The Temporal Investigations Agents didn't interfere, because then it would have proved Brannon Braga was right when he later said he wanted Seven to die. Or that Archer was Future Guy.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The 29th century fights it's battles indirectly.

They go timecrazy if they penetrate too many eras.

Their time ships just wait outside of time where it's safe directing their assets.

We have no idea how many assets the 29th century had on Voyager, or what resources they had to put into play to insure that what had happened still continued to happen.

3. Melakon

For all we know, the EMH with his mobile emitter was turned into a temporal agent.

ETA: So why wasn't the tampering noticed? Easily explained. An advanced Schrödinger's Subroutine hides within the EMH's programming. Everytime you try to find it, it moves somewhere else and is never found.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given all the time the timecops of the future haven't interfered I wouldn't wonder if they're just another faction in the Temporal Cold War putting a good face on it.

5. Guy Gardener

You mean like how the Itallians put a good face on it about being on both sides in World War II?

I don't think that you really get to be in charge of a temporal faction until you've dominated all your neighbouring space that you now have time to start picking fights simultaneously with your grandparents and grandchildren.

Meanwhile you're probably not a temporal power until you can temporally shield your entire domain, otherwise you're just another temporal punk ass bitch.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

We totally need a reboot all about temporal rogues..

Can you imagine the Ferengi with this tech? I wonder what they are up to in the 29nth century.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol:nice.

8. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

This could lead to a great parody where multiple copies of Janeway travel into the past each thinking they can get the ship home even faster, culminating in a version where the ship isn't launched in the first place...

9. Guy Gardener

Unless they lock Janeway up for crimes she will commit, that's exactly what will always continue to happen.

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Just change the quotes to something like.

It's taken me all these years to realise all those laws of time are mine and they will obey ME! :p

11. R. Star

Maybe Future Guy was Future Gal. I could totally see Janeway just screwing with the timeline for her own amusement. ;)

12. Guy Gardener

She was integrated with Braxton.

13. NeedleOfInquiry

NeedleOfInquiry Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

"Endgame" remains one of my favorite final episodes, along with "What you leave behind."

Except for Seven and Chakotay being together, that was weird. :wtf:

But the deployable armor was one of the coolest things ever seen in Trek. :techman:

14. R. Star

Opinions vary. I pretty much figured Tuvok just typed in IDDQD on the console to turn on godmode. The armor itself looked very... silly to me.

The only part of Endgame I really enjoyed... heck was stoked about until it became just another time travel story... was the future bit. I was thinking it would've been awesome for them to wrap up the series in a reunion, their final adventures being told via flashback. Not only do we get to see -how- they got home, but what happened afterwards.

But as typical of Voyager... so much potential, unrealized.

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to Braga Future Guy was Archer. But I think that was just some inspired bs he threw to the little people, to see them rile.

16. R. Star

Yeah, that was kinda funny. It did work. ;)

17. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Archer being Future Guy would have been awesome. Fallen hero. And Archer having to fight his own destiny.

18. Melakon

As I recall, your initial reaction was along the lines of it being something he tweeted out while sitting on the toilet.

19. Guy Gardener

At the time, in the beginning, it seemed too obvious.

The Novels outted an unknown as Future Guy, but here's turd of a question... Would pocketbooks have shot down "Archer is Future Guy" or would they really have not cared since Enterprise was dead and buried and there was no new canon to worry about.

Furthermore now that Future Guy has been outed does the continuing cast of Enterprise in the Novels have the class to pretend that they don't know who Future Guy is when they meet past version of him in their future so that they dion't fuck up their own personal timelines?

General Hammond from Stargate pretended since 1969 that he didn't know what a Stargate was, which must have been more complex after he was put in charge of the SGC.

It's merely a question of politeness.

Oddly in Marvel a new character turned up called Kid Immortus who has a really fucked up timeline where he attends cross time conventions of himself to discuss policy and recent campaigns... Never mind.

20. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Surely you don't mean they had it all planned out from the start, and Archer being future guy would be the trope known as an Ass Pull?