Dec 21st 2012

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JarodRussell, Dec 9, 2012.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

So... only roughly 12 days to go. Are you prepared for the end of the world? ;)

While I think it's the largest heap of bullshit mankind has ever come up with, it still made me think about things. So many things still on my to do list. A couple of regrets here and there that haven't been reconciled or made up for. I wouldn't be okay with the world ending in less than two weeks.

2. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I keep forgetting what time it will be on the east coast of Australia when it happens. I would hate to miss it because I got my times confused.

3. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

My fiancee is a bit superstitious, so I'm taking the day off from work to keep her company. We'll probably just stay in and relax all day.

4. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Well, I haven't done anything.

However I have been watching shows about people who are stockpiling weapons and food and spending a fortune on the opportunity to live out their lives in a missile silo.

What impresses me the most is that they talk about it with a straight face.

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, those folks are funny. The world is supposed to end. There's no bunker or silo that can protect you from the end of the world.

What puzzles me a bit is that I can't decide how I would want to spend my last day on this earth.

6. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

^ That's at least partly because it's just a hypothetical question for you. I suspect that if you really believed that the world were ending, you would have a better idea of how you wanted to spend the remaining time.

7. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i wasn't aware the 21st was the newest end of world date. what do all the end of world crazies do with their lives the rest of the time? and don't they ever learn from the fact these predictions are always proved wrong?

8. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thay are waiting for the day where they can say "Ha, told y.................".

9. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

As the rules state, an Apocalypse in the western world requires 4 horsepersons (horsemen isn't PC).

Since I'll be on a vacation from Dec 13th to Jan 1st, I can assure you that Armageddon definitely won't take place on Dec 21st.
    *consults memorandum calendar and compares with war's, pestilence's and famine's* Hmmmm... we can give you an appointment on Feb 30est, if you like.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The Mayans predicted this hundereds and hundreds of years ago and you're just finding out about it now? You don't have much time to get ready for the apocalypse.

11. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

oh. mayans. they didn't predict the end of the world. they just worked out a calendar for hundreds of years into the future and stopped going because it was unnecessary at the time.

though it is marginally more interesting theory than the typical slimy grey-haired elderly american saying 'after careful study of the bible, the world will end on x or whatever'

12. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Nostradamus said it best:

[​IMG]

The man was a genius. :shifty:

13. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ancient Mayans. Pfft. If they were so smart they wouldn't all be dead.

14. sevenstars

sevenstars Captain Captain

I'm totally up for it.

15. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I take it that the answer to "how will you spend the day" is "sex".

16. The Engineer

The Engineer Commander

If that's not the answer, he needs a new fiance for putting up with that bullshit. ;):lol:

17. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Miss C: It's suppose to go down at 9AM GMT (who knew teh lizzards were bureaucrats?)

Which means 8PM AEDT. Not sure if you have daylight saving in Tassie.

Easiest thing to do, get on teh googles and type GMT or the full words.

18. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Excellent. I can therefore enjoy our work Christmas Party that evening safe in the knowledge that we're literally partying the planet away. :bolian:

19. 47

47 Vice Admiral Admiral

December 21 is the day the Klingons make first contact with Earth. And for some reason they're pissed...

20. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

with the well known Klingon sweet tooth and the current season of chocolate, sweets and cookies, their bad mood will last shorter than a tankard of Romulan ale near Bonzie :D