Smallville: 10x07 "Ambush" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Nov 4, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. The Blur (Good)

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Clark Kent (Mild Mannered and Average)

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Kal (Bad)

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Superdouche (Terrible)

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wait until you see my alternate smallville. Essentially it's five years of Clark growing up, learning how to use his powers, forming relationships with people that will effect him in the future and it leads into my sequel series "Beyond Smallville: Metropolis" which is more of a two hour movie than anything else.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Can't wait. :)

Another thing I was thinking about...Lois has a bad track record with Heroes...Her Dad, Oliver and now Clark...I sense some angst coming up and Lois makes a decision about her relationship with Clark around "Icarus".

3. Admiral_Young

I thought she is making a decision about their relationship this week, so she's making another?

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Is it this week? I keep reading different things. :lol:

5. Admiral_Young

According to the episode synopsis after she views the video from Ella she goes to the Fortress and meets Jor-El and Lara, this is supposed to have something to do with what Lois decides about her and Clark's future.

6. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

My version of Smallville would have had him flying as a teenager, like once he hit puberty, flight should have been natural to him. However, while he could fly in my Smallville, he might not have it fully mastered until his training with Jor-El, so comedy would ensue when he starts flying too fast and can't stop in time, or to slow and falls to the ground, or gets kinda squeamish at high altitude and freaks out, etc.....

My Smallville would have 4 years of HS, then transistion to College, he could go to learn to become a Journalist, what a novel idea. Then he'd decide to go off to training and that would take a couple years at least (this would happen over the summer break though, we'd pick up 2 years later for the next season), and we'd have like half a season of him in the Fortress mastering his powers and figuring out how to go back into the real-world with a dual identity, during that time we could see him making "blur" rescues (but in the cape), kinda testing out how the world might react to a superhero out there, without his face being seen yet, then later on there would be the big reveal as superman on some grand save, and then we'd have a whole season of the New New Adventures of Lois and Clark for at least a year (ok maybe i'm dreaming with the last one)

7. Admiral_Young

In mine Clark doesn't fly until he rescues Lana from a tornado (yes that still happens) this is the first instance where Lana thinks that maybe Clark is more than a simple farm boy. She doesn't investigate him like Lex did in Smallville proper but her interest in him increases (they're best friends at this point like in the comics with Pete but aren't dating yet. Clark is dating Chloe, Pete is with Alica, and Lana is dating Whitney).

8. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

See, IMO, Lana and Clark should have been dating all through HS, that is supposed to be his HS girl, but darnit after HS, they better be broken up and gone their separate ways! Lana should have NEVER been carried over after HS. She should have gone to some far off university or something, and stayed there.

9. Admiral_Young

I agree that Clark and Lana should have been together...at least after they got together the first time and he should have told her his secret, she would have been able to handle and protect it. This one of the many mistakes the writers made. I hated the on and off soap opera shit they pulled with the two of them. I still maintain that Lana should have stayed written out and our last image of her should have been on that video. Her return disrupted the moment of a pretty good season and instigated the first real Tess change.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Lana...waisted much like the 1st 6 seasons on BS...damn that show! :lol:

11. Admiral_Young

My Lana is a much stronger character. She's a cheerleader at the start of the series who's taking fashion and economics and plans on starting her own fashion company when she graduates.

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I would have just like to have seen Lana a regular girl who Clark could never be with because they are so different and it hurts her more than it hurts him...unlike Smallville where she is the most powerful being on the planet and has Clark's balls in a vice grip. :lol:

13. Admiral_Young

Yeah they just completely mis-wrote Lana in Smallville (ducks from when Othello replies). Lana is a normal girl, she's been best friends with Clark and Pete since their first day in kindergarten but has ambitions of her own. Her interest in business gains the interesting attention of Lex.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked it how they suggested that Clark was brainwashed into loving Lana.

What do you mean you didn't notice?

Clark is invulnerable. He barely (by some definitions of his powerset.) gets most any stimulation from world around him, but literature and movies have convinced him that when he is in love that he will feel butterflies in his tummy and go weak at the knees.

Clark mistook Kryptonite poisoning for love because of Lana's pendant.

He just misunderstood what was stimulating him where that Clark couldn't tell the difference between "love" and a near death experience no matter how often it happened.

Following this reasoning, all that brawling against meteor freaks and run ins with meteors most probably left him randy and sexed up.

15. Admiral_Young

That's an interesting take. It works within the context of how they wrote Lana/Clark in Smallville as well.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Usually it is Lana pining for Clark(comics)...at least from what I understand....Clark was written wrong every freakin' season...hello Superdouche. :rolleyes: Fail on Kryptonite necklace!

17. Admiral_Young

Yeah Lana over the last ten or fifteen years has not been...how should we say it...pretty clear about her feelings for Clark. Her son with Pete is even named Clark. She took over as LexCorp CEO for a while before being fired by a hologram of Lex for having sympathetic feelings towards Superman. Until her recent infection by the Insect Queen, Lana was mentor to Kara and rooming with her.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

How shallow is it to date a hero...think QB home town hero....very...a person on the outside who does what they got to do and doesn't worry about what people think is more appealing than a flash in the pan whomever... at least to a character like Lana and even Lois...these are gals who want depth in a man...at least from my point of view...I mean falling for a celeb is too easy and boring.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Still better than enlisting her with the Manhunters.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

If Lois and Clark get engaged and later marry within S10...what would you think?...this is in the speculation...personally I think it would be ridiculous...however this is Smallville. :lol: