Official TrekBBS Fantasy Football League!

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Jun 11, 2008.

1. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had some rotten luck at the end there - the week I lost to Peg I think I had the 2nd highest score out of everyone. Also, Terrell Owens sucks.

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well DUH

My string of victories continue and I win the NFC league. Thanks for everyone for playing (congrats to Tornados for finishing second and pookha for finishing third). It was an interesting year (wasn't Tom Brady one of the highest players picked?). I ended up winning significantly because of either very low draft picks (Aaron Rodgers) or undrafted people (DeAngelo Williams). You just never know what to expect in these things.

Maybe next year we can play ESPN to have live score updates?

3. mrcoaster

mrcoaster Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's absolutely fair. You pick the players, you keep the ones you want. Everybody has access to the same draft, everybody has access to free agents. You just don't get the automatic reset button that fixes your screw-ups each season and gives you a chance to completely start over. ;)

Anyway, we've already seen several teams turn their fortunes around in both the baseball and football keeper leagues. I can see why somebody might want the chance to own certain players every year, but to call a keeper or dynasty league unfair? Nah.

4. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Also we don't do a true keeper league. In football we can only keep 5 players and baseball we only keep 6 players. So that does give the league some shake up.

5. mrcoaster

mrcoaster Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, we DO do a true keeper league. A keeper league holds over a certain number of players from one season to the next. What you're probably referring to (being able to keep all players if you want), is generally called a "Dynasty League."

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

wow, what a terrible finish for me. All 3 of my teams had weak final showings, and after getting to 3 championship games, I put up numbers far below my norms, and finish with 3 runner-up trophies. Not that 2nd is bad, but to have 3 shots at first, and not get any of them...

Oh well. My keeper team was 6th last year, so 2nd is an improvement!

Now, on to baseball, and my own little version of the winter trade season. Still looking for a 1B in the keeper league if anyone is open to talking trade...

7. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Willing to trade Albert Pujols if I get the right deal.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

let's take this to PM and see what we can work out...