Fantasy Casting - Companions for 11 Doctors

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by OmahaStar, Dec 3, 2012.

1. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Shame that. IIRC, Frazier Hines credits his willingness to come back for a brief cameo in "The Five Doctors" as what inspired JNT to eventually bring him back for a larger companion role in "The Two Doctors."

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

And let's not forget Flavia's and Inquisitor Darkell's turns in The Gallifrey Adventures (Or was Flavia mentioned in Neverland or Zagreus?)

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yeah, I know, but one can still dream? Hell, I'm still hoping Big Finish will manage to bring them together. Apparently, Lalla Ward said in a BF interview a few years ago that she was open to it (so says many people in the audio forum at GallifreyBase).

I have to say that I really like that. Plus it would give Rory the chance to shine just a little more since I feel that Rory was always overshadowed by Amy.

I'm pretty sure Flavia was also mentioned in The Eighth Doctor's list.

4. The Borgified Corpse

Heck, if it's audio, it isn't, strictly speaking, necessary for them to be in the same room together, is it?

I always felt like the great missed opportunity of Seasons 6 & 7 was that they almost never mentioned Rory's time as the Lone Centurion. I mean, it got mentioned briefly in "Day of the Moon," "The Doctor's Wife," "A Good Man Goes to War," & the "Good Night" short. But they never really seemed to appreciate the fact that Rory is now twice as old as the Doctor! I think, at the very least, there should have been a moment or two where Rory's long-lived experience of history would come in handy. (Then the Doctor, feeling a bit showed up & jealous, would dismiss Rory's insights because those all came from an alternate universe where stars never existed.)

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

No, it isn't. I think one or two of the Mary Tamm audios were done this way because of scheduling. We can only hope something can be worked out.

That being said, we know who Tom is going to be co-starring with for the next several seasons and none of them are Lalla Ward. :(

I completely agree. I was thrilled that they explored the married companions aspect but the The Lone Centurion was tragically dropped.

6. The Borgified Corpse

Dropped or only used for badass visuals, like in "A Good Man Goes to War." But they never really embraced the idea that you have a human being that suddenly has an enormously different perspective on human history. To be a man from the 21st century suddenly flung back to the 2nd century, and then living all of human history in the interim; at the very least, they need to write a book!