Who Came First? - Female or Male?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Dryson, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    So, the question really is did she fake it?

2. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Serious now...they came together...as in, at once...

Yes

3. maquisleader

maquisleader Ensign

Doesn't matter to me, once I'm done and she hasn't too bad for her. She should of worked harder at it.

4. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that biologically speaking, a genderless creature appears first, where it takes male or female characteristics depending on how it's stimulated by hormones in a particular period of time?

5. GalaxyX

Just because a male may come first doesn't mean he has to stop from getting his female to come too, even if it's a bit afterwards.

6. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

In my personal opinion i would have said neither came first, i would say that both appeared at the same time evolution wise, when the asexual species we were started producing male and female offspring.

7. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Lorien came first.

Everybody knows that.

8. GalaxyX

My favorite B5 character :D

9. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

and LotR forest.

10. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

I strongly disagree. You'd be surprised what a tongue and carefully applied teeth can do to a man's nipples (with tangible effects 2 feet further down) :D

Seriousely, though: females came first. The male Y chromosome is a crippled X. Also, in every single species that developed different genders the male is frequently unable to produce offspring of any sort in its body whereas females can propagate even without male involvement (parthenogenesis).

As for the religious aspects: almost all religions that feature a strong male creator god are comperatively young. The older religions (such as that of the Celts, for example) were frequently dominated by a fertile female character, a sort of Earth-Mother. In addition, the only idols found that date back to the stone age are female fertility idols, such as the 25,000 year old Willendorf Venus

11. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

They don't really matter anyway.

12. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

I understand that you are scared of not being viewed as a manly man and have to resort to religious book.

But put that book down and become a real man and indulge in science.

If man came first then how did man know how to create a womb? According to your Good Book God created man first and then took from man to create woman.

So if this true then inside of the man someone where there should be traces of a womb and ovaries much as there is traces of a rib cage that a rib was taken from to create woman.

Why would have god given man nipples as well to then give to the woman?

In scientific terms modern day male and female would have come from a split in the genders as man has physical traits such as nipples the same that a female does.

If such a split did not occur and God created both differently then in all of his perfections he would never have given man nipples because the efficiency of a man needing nipples would not be needed because they are nothing more than access points to the milk that a female gives her young as it grows and develops.

Just don't go run and hide in a religious book, you are killing your brain cells and dumbing yourself down as such words do not create reality but merely convey an understanding of how reality was in those times when science had not yet been fully developed.

13. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Usually...the male.

Wokka wokka.

14. iguana_tonante

15. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Hello, Dryson!

Here is what I bet...

...I bet that if you re-read this post, pretending someone sent it to you, that you can re-write it in a different way, to get your well-entitled points and opinions across, and at the same time show your intellect and ability to assimilate and accept other viewpoints...

...and I bet you can do it with style and grace!

yes?

...thanks for considering! :)

16. rhubarbodendron

I respectfully disagree. The religious aspect was strong in the thread's initial post and even though the both of us are atheists that doesn't necessarily go for everyone else. As good scientists we should try to cover every angle of the question put before us.

17. iguana_tonante

A trascendent god is, by definition, outside the interest of science. The content of "the good book" is no more relevant to the discussion than the legend of the giant Ymir's body being used by the gods to create the sky and the earth.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

So you're saying Ymir obviously came first.

19. rhubarbodendron

but when he was borm from fire and ice he was fed by the (female) cow Audhumbla. So she must have been there first :p

20. iguana_tonante

For how much I love Nordic poetry, I have to question any mythology in which the primeval beings are a man... and a cow. :shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.