Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Apr 10, 2009.

?

Grade "Born to Run"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

85 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

19 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. "If we stay the course we are dead. We are all dead!" (Below Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. "You are TERMINATED." (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

If the second season had been more like the finale, sure it probably would have been more expensive, but it would have also been better.

If indeed Fox mandated the girlfriend subplot, then I think they put the gun in their own mouth here. I thought it was by far the worst part of the season and dragged on too long with little return. In general, I don't know why they kept Weaver and the Connors apart until the last five minutes of the season. I can't remember ever seeing a show keep a character's motivations that much of a secret for a complete season until the very last sequence and for so little reason.

Now with that finale, I'd like the show to stick around. But I wouldn't be surprised if it got canceled. If it did, that final scene works as a nice finale in general. Bittersweet, but lots of possibility for John there.

2. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

Well, the girlfriend itself wasn't mandated by Fox, what WAS mandated by Fox was that she arrived much sooner than originally intended. So instead of a very powerful, quite self-contained, without any extraneous b*llsh*t, with John like he was in the latter episodes - strong and capable; we got this long drawn out torturous affair where John came off as whiny, and it just dragged, and dragged, and dragged, and dragged.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

We don't know for sure if it was armed or simply a prototype. We didn't see it use its weapons in the show. However, one reason for it to crash, was it was attempting to make the building collapse so that John Henry would be destroyed. A crash into a building could be easily explained away by the media, a missile launch couldn't.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

That is partially true. Friedman said when he was called into the Fox offices that they wanted her introduced. He said that they could do it around the 9th episode. Fox said the second was better. They didn't have any real choice so they agreed with Fox's demands.

5. NX74205

NX74205 Captain Captain

Deleted Post....

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Now you've made me curious...

7. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Right click, save, right click, save, right click, ejaculate, right click, save.....

8. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

NX1701g...Are you gonna keep your avatar up-to-date on the fate of the series? So if I come in here and your avatar says "Terminated" its canceled and if it says "Come with me if you want to live." the show is renewed?

9. NX74205

NX74205 Captain Captain

heh...it was just a link to the already mentioned post about the possible cancellation of the show. It didn't add to the convo so I deleted it....

10. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll play. One of two signed photos from a convention last year (RL name photoshopped out).

[​IMG]

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

My avatar will reflect the state of the series.

Brian Austin Green said today that the writers began work on scripts for Season 3.

12. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

Thanks! I stumbled across the photoshoot and thought you guys would at least appreciate the pics, if not the humor.

13. Devnull

Devnull Captain Captain

Hope it's true! Got any way to back this up? Most of the internets think the show is "canceled for sure" again :rolleyes: Tried to remind them of last year and no one remembers.

14. Verse

Verse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

One thing that I'm wondering about is will John still care about Cameron now that hes met Allison?

I think that was meant to show the similar thinking of two robots... but I could be way off.

15. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He'll maybe care about her MORE after meeting Allison.

16. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

I thought he was just acting bratty, like a little kid who repeats what their parents say. You can tell from Ellerson's reaction to him like "quit acting like a baby". That made me laugh

17. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

I'd say it was closer to showing that his intellect had already catching up to Weaver's (a hyper advance AI) despite being in the early stages of its development; that he was, indeed, coming to the same conclusions as a far superior machine given the same input.

18. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

I just wanted to say, your avatar is fantastic. :lol:

19. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just saw this interesting quote from Brian Austin Green where he talks about what happened at the end (making this the OFFICIAL explanation for people who were doubtful):

20. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

so (atleast part of season 3) will have John fight the machines and defeat SKYnet (and grow up, so, mid season actor swap?) capture the time machine, and go back, so he can fight the machines again?