OS X 10.9 "Mavericks"

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Mr. Laser Beam, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I don't know what that name means either. :lol:

Just a bit cheesed off that they didn't use the obvious name for it: TARG. There's a cat name for ya. ;)

I do love some of those new products they announced today. The new Mac Pro looks like a giant glossy black elongated donut, and I'm excited about iOS 7.

Although I find myself not giving a crap about this "iCloud Keychain" which stores passwords (and automatically fills them in for you). I find this to be preferable. ;)

2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Mavericks refer to surfing, specifically surfers. It also means your parents didn't like you. I'm sooooo getting the new Mac Pro. My current Mac Pro is from 2008 and it humms along nicely, it can't compare to this. It actually pains me to have to wait for this sometime in the fall.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

It seems that the new OS X naming convention will be to name future releases after California locations.

So what's next? OS X 11.0 Dodger Stadium? OS X 11.1 Griffith Park? OS X 11.2 Embarcadero? OS X 11.3 That Street Corner Where The Nuclear Wessels Scene In Star Trek IV Was Filmed? :D

4. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

Very pleased to see an iOS appearance update. I think it's been ugly and dated for a while.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

I hope iOS 7 will allow the iPhone home screen to be used in landscape mode.

6. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

I actually think the new iOS icon style looks uglier than any previous iteration, but then again my iPhone's a 3GS so I'm not worried about it.

I do like the new Mac Pro, and if I had the money it would be the first computer on my want list.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

I'm waiting patiently for the iPhone 5S, but if it has a fingerprint-only Home button I am going with the regular 5.