Picture the Novelverse - Characters, Ships and More !

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Relayer1, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

You are the absolute MASTER at this! Briilliant!

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Although I would appreciate it, Mojomoe, if you would credit your sources. For instance, your renderings of Cethente and Chaka are basically colored-in versions of my own sketches of them (though the parts that I didn't do are certainly impressive work). And the others are composites of various pre-existing photos of people's faces; at the very least, credit should be given for where the photos came from and who they depict (where applicable).

3. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Just for something different to Photoshop....Titan crew

[​IMG]

dupersuper likes this.
  4. Mojomoe

Mojomoe Commander Red Shirt

Oh, most definitely.

Cethente and Chaka are very clearly based on your sketches, as those are the only depictions of those characters available.

George, Dakal, Keru, Rager, Eviku, Titan Avatar, and Akaar are all shots from Trek. Leybenzon is actually (mostly) Cmdr. Eddington - I thought he'd make a good asshole :). Lavenna's face used to be Ilia - you can still see her in there, if you squint.

The rest are from long-forgotten stock photo sources, as I mentioned I much prefer having a no-name face for the role than having a popular actor. Not sure why, I think the actor just brings with them too much baggage.

5. Echtzeit

Echtzeit Lieutenant

My, my, those Rossini twins... *fans self*

And Casey Biggs would make a fantastic Ranul Keru, come to think of it. Though I have always pictured him a little more... sturdy, which is why I never really liked the character in the first place. But the picture of Biggs... I can imagine him playing that role.

And while I agree that all of these pictures are absolutely fantastic, I don't like the one of Leybenzon at all, as he looks kind of too old for that role.

Oh, and Bralik... not Ferengi enough, imho.

But other than that, impressive "work"!

6. Mojomoe

Right?? Wouldn't Biggs be awesome? I honestly didn't like Keru until I pictured Biggs, now I love the guy. Although, I read inconsistent things about Ranul being bald; can't seem to recall which is accurate.

Bralik is most definitely not Ferengi enough :). I pasted the face on before I did the teeth, but she ended up so purdy I couldn't bring myself to ruin it with a snaggly-toothed smile. Chalk it up to my unerringly hew-mon standards of beauty - Nog would be furious.

Eddington-as-Leybenzon too old for you, eh? Now that I think of it, I can't recall how old Leybenzon was. I spent so much mental energy wanting to throw him out an airlock, I must have skimmed over some of the details, but you're probably right.

Although, secretly, I'm proudest of Huilan. Mostly because... well, come on. There's no way to take that character seriously, is there? That was my attempt at seeing if I could produce something palatable with what is essentially a real-world disney monster.

---

^Oh, and Lurok - nice Titan bridge! I like that it's a clean blend of the D and E bridges. Is that canon, or is that all your imagination? ...Also, what engine is that done in?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  7. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

This set was designed by the super-talented Sean Tourangeau who designed the Titan herself. The bridge looks like an Ent-D+E/Voyager hybrid. He has also worked on the fan films Operation Beta Shield and currently Axanar.

I'd love to see some interiors of the new Deep Space Nine space station.

Mojomoe - are you going series-by-series? I'd love to see some more TNG and new Voyager characters. Also you've done Captain Dax but have you thought about 'aging up' some of the more familiar faces by using pictures of some of the actors now? Granted some like Sir Patrick have barely aged over the last decade while some are looking a bit different now.

Also you could reflect any promotions/character development. Also I've always wanted to see Ambassador Spock at a place between how he appears in Unification and the 2009 movie. Just a few suggestions :)

8. Echtzeit

Echtzeit Lieutenant

I just googled Leybenzon, and apparently the Q&A novel describes him as "relatively young". There is also talk about his receding hairline, though... and I gotta admit, that I never knew about that particular fact. So maybe you're accurate, after all. *g*

I'd love to see more of those photoshoppings.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I picture Elya Baskin, in the age he was when he appeared in 2010.

10. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

I actually named Leybenzon after my late ex-stepfather-in-law, and the image you created of him looks frighteningly like Zelik did, so I think the image is perfect.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Somehow, the image I got in my mind from reading the book's description of Leybenzon was basically G. Gordon Liddy.

12. Mojomoe

^ oh my god, I just googled Liddy. ...Man looks like a condom with a mustache.

nightwind1 likes this.
  13. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Liddy could never be accused of winning any aesthetic competitions based on his looks, no. But he made for such on-point stunt casting on Miami Vice back in the day, didn't he?

14. Echtzeit

Echtzeit Lieutenant

Hm, seems like I have a completely different image of Leybenzon in mind. *g*

15. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Done :)

16. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Thanks !

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

You don't remember where you got the pictures? I recognize a lot of the people you're using, I just can't put names to any of the faces.

18. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

I'd like to see a visualization of Lonnoc Kedair. The only canon Takaran ever seen had a larger forehead and chin than an average humanoid, but in A Singular Destiny, a human mistakes Kedair for an Orion. I can't decide if that's the result of ignorance or physical variation in Takarans.

19. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Ignorance and a lack of observational capability. Rebecca Greenblatt, the person in question, had also never seen an Orion in person, and just made assumptions based on skin color.

20. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Mojomoe your photomanipulations are truly spectacular!