Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Same here. First time EVER an X-book has been on my pull list, though I've picked up issues off and on (mostly during the early Claremont days)

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finished reading Nova #2 and I have to say that this is indeed some of Jeph Loeb's best work in...a very long time, I say that as someone who has disliked almost everything he has done since his Superman/Batman run. Maybe it's the Nova fan in me...but so far nothing has been irritating about this for me, and the art is simply fantastic.

I also really loved "Daredevil" and "Indestructible Hulk".

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, WatXM just never did it for me and I agree about Gillen. If not Uncanny, then give him one of the other myriad X-books. Instead, they give him Iron Man, which has been my "meh" book, and am dropping after next issue (just because I hate dropping any book mid-arc).

Also agreed with you on Daredevil and Indestructible Hulk. I feel a crossover inthe works, as they are both written by Mark Waid and it seems to me that seeds have already been planted

I think that Matt is the one holding on to Banner's blackmail/insurance against S.H.I.E.L.D., which would make Banner the "private client" mentioned by Matt in the most recent issue.

I decided early on back in the day that I didn't care for the flavor of Image flavored Kool-Aid, so I had to Google this "Angela". I have to wonder on a story level how this will work. Will they reference, however vaguely or obliquely, her past history? Apparently, she has been killed off in the Spawn/Image-verse. Will they just drop her in as a new character? Or give her some sort of "trans-dimensional" origin? And what happens when Gaiman leaves Marvel? I'm sure he'll take Angela with him. It would be kind of cool to see this character sort of transend the boundaries of all of the different comic worlds.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That reminds me of what Englehart did with Mantis. He basically took her over to DC and did a story with her using a different name. Later he did the same at Eclipse, before bringing her back to Marvel.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The details of theEngelhart/ Mantis crossovers can be found here (third legend down).:)

6. Admiral_Young

I really do feel like Angela's presence is probably just the start of something bigger...I think Allyn indicted something like this before, I'm thinking maybe we finally might get Neil on Marvelman before the year is over.

7. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Age of Rubble has turned out to be a real bore so far...

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I can't get enough of shell shocked heroes sitting around in an underground bunker bemoaning their fate! :D

9. JoeZhang

spoiler for issue 2:

Black Widow eats a twix

So the world has ended long enough ago so that food is hard to come by but the first person BW runs into is still wearing a suit and tie?

10. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Apocalypse is no excuse for sloppy dress.

11. JoeZhang

That is true.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Indestructible Hulk #5: The battle undersea with Attuma was well done and the art was much cleaner in this issue I felt. Maybe it's just the way he pencils ocean scenes? Anyway, glad I decided to go ahead and get this opening arc and I think I'll stick around for the next one as well.

Savage Wolverine #3: Cho is being treated as a god and offered up the "best women" in the tribe. Some humor here. Wolverine and Shanna are scouting the walled city and again some interesting plain talk humor with the counting methodology.
    Despite Wolverine attempting to make in roads in a peaceful manner(the irony) things go south and he and Shanna end up in a brawl that leaves her fatally wounded. Wolverine gets tossed off a cliff but Cho intervenes and seeks a fast way to heal her. The local "Savages" have one hope. I'm very interested in that hope....Man-Thing, next issue. Man-Things visage is after all carved onto the Dark Mountain of the island so I'm hoping for some good backstory if not next issue as the arc runs it's course. Last we saw of Manny he was with the Thunderbolts after tripping through time. He could also speak so lets see if any continuity is kept.

13. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ Reading this I keep thinking Frank Cho put himself in the book? :lol:

14. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

How many more issues for Age of Boredom? When was the last good event Marvel had?

15. Admiral_Young

Age of Ultron is supposed to be 12 issues and it's thrice monthly...and we just started so this should wrap sometime in June I think.

I liked "Secret Invasion" myself...my favourite though in recent times is probably "Civil War".

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Aside from Fear Itself I really enjoy the Marvel crossovers. Civil War was great. World War Hulk was pretty good. Secret Invasion was pretty cool. Siege was a good ending to Dark Reign. Avengers vs X-Men was great.

I just don't like the way Fear Itself wasn't a continuation of the larger storyline, it just came out of nowhere, and all of its consequences were immediately erased.

17. Admiral_Young

"Avengers Vs X-Men" was probably right up there with "Fear Itself" for worst Marvel event book in the last five years and it was probably the one event I was most excited for. We've already covered its flaws in the thread before multiple times so I won't get back into.

I am looking forward to Infinity this summer since it's Hickman :)

18. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Only 10 issues. And yes, it wraps in June.

19. Admiral_Young

For some reason I thought it was a 12 issue series...two less is good then with how it's been so far :(

20. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's suppose to be Bendis's final Avengers story, his magnum opus..