Toys out early!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by I Grok Spock, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

I'm glad to hear that some of the toys are starting to trickle out. As I've said on previous postings, I ordered all the stuff I want through my local book store, Comics to Astonish in Columbia, so I'll either see it in the Previews or get a happy surprise when I show up for my weekly stack of comics.

I may not be as young and spry as I used to, but hopefully i'll get the full sets of goodies I ordered.

2. TigerOfDarkness

TigerOfDarkness Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Forbidden Planet have the Enterprise available to pre-order. Apparently it's out at the end of April.

3. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

PO-TAY-TO or PO-TAH-TO... Trekkie or Trekker... moddling [modeling] or playing... it is all the same thing. I don't really care if u do or not. My comment was about people who buy toys they never open or use... just let them collect dust or use as 'investments'. I have always considered it a laughable thing. Like they said on Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer "A toy isn't a toy unless it's loved by a child."

I have many fond memories of playing with my 3-piece Star Trek model kit... phaser, communicator and tricorder... until they finally fell apart, then I saved and bought another kit and played with it.
    My paper route paid for every model kit I could buy. Every ship, the bridge set and Spock shooting the 3-headed monster. :vulcan:

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

More than double is about right for all Star Trek books, comics, toys, etc. sold internationally. Always has been.

If you get a local distributor they'll be cheaper than air-freighted mail order. But not by much.

5. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

not again

6. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

So you have seen them in person then?

7. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool, cheers i havnt checked there, oddly.

8. dave_R_treker

dave_R_treker Captain Captain

Amazon.com has some

9. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was at Walmat and Target today, only Walmart had anything; the figures with bonus bridge section included. One quarter of the display rack was already sold.

10. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    Hrm. I seem to remember there being a small scale (1/50 or so?) version of the movie Enterprise announced a while back, but I'm beginning to think I remembered wrong. I'd really like one in that scale to put on my desk at work. Ah well. I went hunting today and came up with zip. Going to try TRU tomorrow. I'm excited to see Trek back on shelves!

11. richpit

richpit Commander Red Shirt

I was at both my "local" TRU stores today. One had only the Enterprise and the other had only the Transporter Room playset. I didn't see any comms, trics or phasers yet.

12. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

The Toys R Us website lists all the new film toys as coming soon, and offers a pre-order option.

13. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

hmm, I don't usually do toys but I might have to with this one....

14. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

I don't do toys either, but that big Spock, yum!

15. Species517

Species517 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I picked up my Enterprise today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

very cool. how much is that thing?

17. Species517

Species517 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

It was $29.99

18. Eddie Roth

Eddie Roth Commodore Commodore

Oooh, groovy lights on that thing! I gotta say, it doesn't look half as bad as the Playmates publicity shots made it look.

19. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are some payment security concerns with FPI

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=88416

20. ncc-1017-e

ncc-1017-e Captain Captain

I got the Enterprise phaser communicator and tricoder. I did this in te hope that it would help and make me like the production design of this movie better. The toys are all done very well! I have to say that! We did a comparison with TOS Enterprise. the refit, both from DST, and this new Enterprise from playmates. THis was not comparing the toys but the actual designs of each ship. Hands down TOS and the refit are just much better looking from every angle. THe problem with JJ's Enterprise is clearly that the warp engines are way to close together! If they had placed them where they should be placed this new Enterprise would look OK! The phaser, comm and tricoder well they all are ok. I would probably gone in a different direction with the phaser in itys design! The ship is my major problem!