Dogs of War - Human Mila?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by doctorfoto, Dec 12, 2012.

1. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

I was recently watching S7's The Dogs of War where Ezri and Bashir have their uncomfortable exchange before entering the turbolift to Ops.

Before they go in, a human woman comes out and says "Excuse me" before she passes.

Since normally extras don't have lines because of pay, and there was a considerable number of guest stars in the episode already, I was wondering, Could this be Julianna McCarthy who plays Mila, just without makeup?

[​IMG]

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

She really doesn't look at all like McCarthy to me, but who knows? :shrug:

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I'm fairly sure it's not her.

JMC appears (as a human) in the first Starship Troopers movie (she's one of the panelists arguing about "Bugs that think?") and she didn't look like that picture above.

4. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

We might attribute the noises the extra makes to the general trend of burning the remaining money pile during the final episodes of S7 in gratuitous excesses. Remember how we see random extras beaming into the picture for no good reason, after season upon season where TPTB had even the heroes beam down off frame to save on the VFX costs?

On the other hand, the final crazy days would also be a perfect time for all sorts of backstage people, family acquaintances and random drifters to do a stint on screen.

Timo Saloniemi

5. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

Excellent point. Actually, now that I think about it, in one scene in this episode an extra randomly beams in to the transporter pad in ops in the background and walks down off the platform while a main character is speaking in the foreground. I thought it was quite a gratuitous waste of FX for just an extra in the background (though a really nice touch). So yeah, maybe there was some extra funds for different budgets that they wanted to utilize before it was repurposed for Voyager or something.

As for the extra, I hadn't seen Troopers and wasn't familiar with what McCarthy looked like without the Cardassian makeup at the time. Only pictures on the internet I saw of her were more recent, and this woman was about the right age and build. Now the question is, why did they make Jake's Season 4 wardrobe into a dress? ;)

6. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

"The Dogs of War" was the only time that David Levinson and Cathy DeBuono had lines and received a credit for playing Broik and M'Pella.