Warehouse 13 Season 4 (discussion, spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Jul 17, 2012.

1. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did too! I also noticed that the barometer froze time for *47* seconds! :lol:

As for the astrolabe, I really doubt anyone is going to try to use it again. But for argument's sake, would using it again really undo all the changes from the last time? Assuming it's someone other than Artie that uses it, couldn't they just go back a little bit, and not all the way back to when Artie used it? I guess I'm a little fuzzy on the way it works.

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

thusly, as I understand it:

You use it to undo the last 24 hours.
    At some random time, if you use it a second time, it puts time back the way it was.

I think if someone ELSE uses it after your first time, since it's THEIR first time, it has no effect on what YOU did.

Not sure if that erases what would happen if you got it back and tried a second turn, though.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

So, I just caught up on this whole series show far, and man, what a ride! I'm mad at myself for not following it all this time, because I freaking love it. :lol:

I actually did watch the pilot when it first aired back in 2009, but I found it kind of bland and just never came back to it. Then I started hearing good things about it here and there, and it has a lot of elements to it that I love (history, steampunk, not taking itself too seriously, etc.) so a little while ago I finally decided to give it another shot. It probably wasn't until the episode "Burnout" that I really started to get into it (though I also really liked "Claudia"), but since then I've loved just about every episode. Of course now I have to wait until April to see how they resolve that cliffhanger! :scream:

I wasn't all that upset when Leena was killed, though. I thought she was easily the weakest member of the main cast, and never saw much point in her being there except to look up info about various artifacts when everyone else is out of the warehouse. But I like the idea that she might show up every so often in spirit form; the writers might get better use out of her that way.

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, she was a likable character and actress with a lot of unfulfilled potential. Nice to hear that you're liking the show, though-- welcome aboard. :bolian:

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just assumed she'd come back.

The show is charming, good chemistry, fun humor and sometimes really gripping moments. Also Kate Mulgrew and Jeri Ryan :D as well as a slew of other Trek alumni. The chemistry nails it for me though.

6. Skywalker

Absolutely agreed. The whole group just works together so well. I was a little hesitant when they added Steve, but he's fit in perfectly, as well. He and Claudia are fantastic together.

One of my favorite things about the show is how they've developed Pete and Myka's relationship. When I watched the pilot a couple years ago I thought it was just another typical show with the goofy guy and the all-business girl who have to deal with inevitable romantic tension, but instead they've become more like siblings. And Pete, while still a goofball, has matured a great deal, while Myka has loosened up a lot.

And yeah, it's awesome seeing so many notable SF/F actors as guests on the show. Joe Flanigan, Tricia Helfer, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Mark Sheppard, and of course Mulgrew and Ryan, as you mentioned (and I'm certain I've missed many more). I've also noticed that some of the writers/producers have worked with Joss Whedon in the past, so that's another point in WH13's favor. :D

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And dare I mention there's a novel . . . ? :)

8. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

You sir, are shameless!

;)

Hanukkah Solo: Welcome....to Warehouse 13! It is a fun show. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and as previously mentioned, the chemistry between the characters is excellent.

9. Greg Cox

Well, it's possible that Solo, being new to the series, might have missed my umpteen previous plugs for the book . . ..

10. Skywalker

Oh, I've seen the plugs, don't worry. :lol: A lot of the good things I'd heard about the show came from threads right here on Trek BBS.

Unfortunately funds are a little tight right now, but I'll probably pick it up when I have some spare cash on hand. :techman:

11. Greg Cox

Fair enough! :)

12. Skywalker

But while we're on the subject, is there any chance you might get to write more? How well did the book do?

13. Greg Cox

I haven't seen any sales figures or royalty statements yet, but, at the moment, I'm not aware of any plans to do a second book--although I would certainly love to do more.

That's up to Pocket and Syfy, though. It's out of my hands.

14. Skywalker

Of course. Well, I hope it did well and you get to write more some day! :techman:

15. teacake

When are we getting the Cox written novel of the E2 untold story, when when

16. Greg Cox

E2 untold story?

17. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Maybe DC's Earth 2??? That's what i was thinking.

18. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess if the author doesn't know what the heck you're talking about, chances are slim that he's working on it. :lol:

19. teacake

The Enterprise episode E2 was about an alternate timeline NX-01 several generations into being a generational ship. T'Pol was the only one still alive, the ship was captained by Lorian the middle aged child of Trip and T'Pol, there were numerous Phlox descendants. They had devoted their years to saving earth from the Xindi weapon. The characters and untold story are quite gripping.

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I'd buy that. I loved that episode.