Dollhouse: ep 2x9/2x10-Stop Loss&The Attic Grading,Comments SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Dec 18, 2009.

?

How do you grade Stop-Loss & The Attic: Dollhouse 2x9/2x10??

Poll closed Apr 17, 2010.
  1. EXCELLENT

26 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. ABOVE AVERAGE

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. AVERAGE

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. BELOW AVERAGE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. POOR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Re: Dollhouse: ep 2x9/2x10-Stop Loss&The Attic Grading,Comments SPOIL

And the crazy-gas before that in the university episode. Still, there's more than one way to skin a cat. It could be that it's possible (but difficult) to imprint someone who hasn't been prepared, even before Topher made his robo-call apocalypse device. If it takes a month to imprint an unmodified person, you won't bother for an Active you have to imprint and wipe every other day, or even on a mole in the U.S. Government, but for a permanent body-swap, leaving no tell-tales? That might be worth it.

By the way, what was with that plastic mask thing they used in D.C. for imprinting? I assumed at first that it was just a matter of all the houses having custom-built equipment (I doubt there's a catalogue for that sort of thing), but then Topher used one after the three month timejump, so I assumed it was some incremental advancement Bennet made, but then he stopped using it once Adelle took over again, so now I don't have a clue what it's for.

2. StarshipDefiant

StarshipDefiant Captain Captain

The disruptor works on people who've been imprinted one way or another, that what the deal was with Madeline Costley and the fact it would affect her to. As for the mask, I think it's just a different method of imprinting, and when Harding had taken over, he either ordered it's use or Ivy somehow found out about it, and liked the idea behind it.

I'm lost on what you mean by the crazy gas, are you talking about the fact it had an effect on the actives as well?

3. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Eastern european spelling.

She's still not over how it went down with Gibbs.

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I always figured Ivy was some sort of spy. That's probably why she was so pissed about being kept out of the loop.

5. StarshipDefiant

It's possible she still is, in "A Spy in the House of Love" she admitted she could take Topher's technology a part and put it back together without him ever noticing, which was implied how the chip that could mess with the imprints was put in.

Funny you say that, about Gibbs, I never noticed who the actress was until I looked her up.

6. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm torn about that. On the one hand, I'm glad she's good. On the other hand, I think it would have been braver of Joss to push her into evil-land and leave her there.

Yeah, I think they've mentioned the Hyperion more than once, but I did smile hearing that again. :)

I kinda hope she's a red herring. (Didn't read that spoiler up there, so if this makes no sense in light of it, just ignore me. ;)) She just seems too obvious a choice to be a spy/plant. Although, I wouldn't object to her ending up being Clyde's partner. :devil:

7. joVuNik

joVuNik Lieutenant Red Shirt

Wow this show got really good, I guess that is what happens when you have to fast forward a season (or two) worth of storylines into a few remaining episodes. Too bad they could not have had this pacing and story setup earlier when it mattered, I do feel it is a little too late (although I'm not sure but has it been officially canceled?).

A few episodic comments:
    - Great reveal with the loyalty of Dewitt. I was actually surprised at the end. Long time in a while any show has done that, other than well the recent Dexter ending (although we were all expecting something)!
    - The Attic concept of "We are the mainframe"! I always wondered what that was all about (doing tests blah blah always seemed lame as an answer I knew there had to be more) and I thought the payoff was gold!

I hope the remaining 3 or so episodes are as good and that they can end the story properly.

8. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

^These eps were all written and filmed before the show was cancelled, I hear. So we're seeing what the season would have looked like regardless.

9. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Well, before it was formally canceled. Whedon and co. said more than once that they had no real expectation of getting another season, and were shocked at being renewed at the first place.

10. joVuNik

joVuNik Lieutenant Red Shirt

I see. So they probably figured anyway that this was there 'last' chance to wrap-up the series and tell their story. I guess they are fortunate (and we are lucky!) as it brought out the best because the last four episodes have been top notch, I thought!

So has the show been 'officially' cancelled?

11. StarshipDefiant

The show was "capped" (IE, canceled) during production (filming, actually) of the 11th episode of the season, "Getting Closer". They probably had some idea this was the last, while at the same time setting up for a potential season three/series finale had the news come down much later then it did. Joss Whedon, has as a result, declared he is going to "finish" Dollhouse, which means no comics and the like, but an actual wrap up and closure within the series.

A random thought I had; Boyd and Claire apparently will develop some sort of relationship (some suggesting that Whiskey is waiting for Boyd in Epitaph One), methinks that with her return in "Getting Closer" and Boyd's comment of "problems at home" makes me wonder if Boyd is hiding Claire?

12. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I was thinking the same thing.

13. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had a feeling since the woman who played Dr. Saunders only had three episodes to appear in this season that they would try to some kind of off-screen romance happening between her character and Boyd before she returned. It would make sense and I think it works with hints of an attraction between Boyd and Dr. Saunders already made and the glimpse of their future in Epitaph One.

And I'm happy Joss is going to try to end Dollhouse with as much closure as possible because I'm not a big fan of TV shows followed by movies or comics to keep track of what's going on.

14. Jimmy Bob

Jimmy Bob Commander Red Shirt

Those realizations are actually there from the beginning. You'll notice them too if you ever start to watch the show from the beginning with all the knowledge of things to come.

15. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

holy shit! In that scene when Victor was fighting, well, Victor...

That was Enver's twin brother, wasn't it?!

BRILLIANT!

16. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

He has a twin? I was willing to chalk it up to insanely skillful digital face replacement.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Enver has a twin?!
    Wow, I was thinking good use of stunt double and editing.
    Cool piece of news.

18. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Victor (the character) isn't Eastern European (of course Enver Gjokaj, the actor, is Albanian), and in any case all of the Dolls are named for letters in the NATO phonetic alphabet, so it should properly be Victor anyway.

Nevertheless, this was just a very minor irritant for some reason, pay me no mind.

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

With the last three weeks continually upping the ante with dual episodes my eagerness for more Dollhouse is high.:scream: Waiting three weeks now is like torture on top of knowing that in six weeks its all over. :(

20. StarshipDefiant

I hate these extended breaks, I can see taking a week or two off for the holidays, but these extended breaks, it's no wonder why Dollhouse failed. People just were not that interested, and when they climbed a little bit? BAM, extended break. Back for another episode or two, then off for ALL of November. Now it's off for tree frickin' weeks? *sigh*.

I'm going to miss this show...