Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that part didn't make any sense... :wtf:

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's nice to finally have the worst episode of the season out of the way. The season can only go up from here.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Actually, I liked this episode more than I expected to from the previews. We got another "good monster," which is always nice. Both the actresses who played "Fish Taco Lady" and the policewoman were great and had some really good scenes. I wasn't too thrilled with them sending Fish Taco Lady back to Peru, but I guess that was a compromise between Sam and Dean-- it was either that or kill her (although they have let monsters go in the past).

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So has either Winchester surpassed Lex or Lana for the most concussions in TV history yet?

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I was glad Kevin got at least some kind of chance to have happy ending. His poor mom, though! Was she in that storage unit for a whole year?

Interesting idea--all the souls trapped because Heaven's doors are locked. I wonder how that will play out later?

6. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wonder how God can just sit around and do nothing to fix this. How can you have any faith in him if you do everything right your whole life and be a great person and you die and then cant get into heaven and just stuck. After awhile any ghost will lose it and go nuts.

Makes you wonder if Hell was cut off too if Sam would of finished his trial. Then all the dead would of been roaming the planet. Now that would of been interesting. Good Ghost vs Bad Ghost.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Why in the world aren't the fundies up in arms about this series? It paints God and angels in an extremely negative light. How come Buffy the Vampire Slayer got protested and all that but nobody rags on a show that shows God maliciously abandoning his creation and murderous Angels slaughtered mankind and each other?

8. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Part of me was hoping Kevin would still come back to life, but I guess he's gone for good.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How come every week of this show looks like a back door pilot?

10. RJDiogenes

^^ Since they had been developing a spin off, a lot of them probably are. And a lot of them I would be happy to see as series-- especially the Golem and Oz.

It was great to see Mrs Tran again. I love her. She had been in solitary confinement for a year, and within sixty seconds of being released, she pwned Sam with the wiring. :D

I did find the revelation that the ghosts can't go to Heaven very interesting. Are they foreshadowing a rampage of insane ghosts later in the season?

And are they also foreshadowing something strange going on with Crowley? It was interesting that he had not returned to the storage facility, nor was he returning Dean's calls. Given the big crush he has on Dean, I don't see him ignoring him like that.

11. Guy Gardener

We were told that Heaven was locked when the Angels fell.

It's possible one of us misunderstood what it meant if it was only the angels that were locked out and not everyone at the beginning of the season.

Crowley hasn't been back to the Storage for a year because he was in a cell in the men of Letters basement, and now he's fighting Abadon. What's at the storage facility was his tools for running his empire, currently he's in a civil war to reclaim the right to run that empire.

The wrong tools for today's job.

12. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

He's currently at the bottom of the ocean searching for the First Blade. I don't imagine reception is good down there.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I also took it to be a reference to them slightly humanizing Crowley when they exorcised him or whatever they did at the end of last season.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

My guess is that now that they know people's spirits can't move on to Heaven, they'll realize that if they again try to seal up Hell the way Metatron has closed Heaven, then those spirits bound for Hell would become trapped in the veil, too. And those spirits would be far worse than the ones destined for Heaven. So in the end Sam and Dean decide both Heaven and Hell need to remain open, for the good of the planet.

That's just my guess, though. I'm probably wrong.

15. Guy Gardener

They can't close hell without redoing the Trials from th ebeginning again which will kill one of them.

Oh no.

In the final episode, one of them is made king of the angels and rules Heaven, and the other is made king of the demons and rules Hell.

Well, now that we know how it ends, I guess there's no point in watching any more.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah. My theory would require them to either do the trials again or magically figure out another way to close Hell.

17. Guy Gardener

The King of Hell has the keys to the front gate.

18. RJDiogenes

Yeah, somebody reminded me of that last night. I had forgotten. Like Mr Light, I was thinking it had something to do with the "purge."

I've been thinking that since the 2nd or 3rd season.

19. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Seems to me that they're setting Castiel up as the "king of Heaven." Especially with this episode.

I sincerely doubt either of the Winchesters would take the mantle of the king of Hell, nor would either really want to be the king of Heaven either.

20. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Bruno Mars felt like he was locked out of heaven, too. ;)