oh dawd, please! Raimi and that stupid turd Tobey making Spidey 4 & 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Sep 7, 2008.

1. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Re: oh dawd, please! Raimi and that stupid turd Tobey making Spidey 4

Time for my Helen Mirren as Madame Web pitch again.

Or Silver Sable....a really Silver Sable.

Villains will be Matt Dillon as Hydro Man, Amanda Peet as that female doctor octopus no one remembers, Ryan Phillipe as Hobgoblin and Peter Sarsgaard as Carnage.

Or hopefully...not.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

i think the most obvious question is, how will Nick Fury and easter eggs for the Avengers Initiative factor into this movie and how is Peter going to handle Tony Stark shacking up with both Mary-Jane and Gwen.

You can't have Hydroman without Sandman returning. It's awesome when they blend into one another because it's really a lot like sex if you want to make them squirm after the fact.

Of course it's about time Osborn came back from the dead for a dead for a Goblin war with his kid.

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

They won't as the Spidey films are made by a different studio.

4. Re: oh dawd, please! Raimi and that stupid turd Tobey making Spidey 4

I just hope the script doesn't suck this time around.

5. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I love all the Spidey films (although admit that 3 does have its flaws). I'm glad Raimi and Maguire are staying. I'm hoping for a Lizard/Kraven the Hunter combination :techman:

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

In the comics, she didn't become a supermodel until a couple of decades and many creative teams after Stan Lee's time. Raimi is primarily referencing the core Stan Lee material, as he should.

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah just forget about 2000's X-Men then?

8. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Enough with the misunderstood villains. Or the boring ones like Sandman.

What I meant by more focus on Spider-Man, I'd rather see more of Peter as Spider-Man than more of Peter's day-to-day life.

9. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Guy! Decaf, my friend, decaf!

10. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Sums it up for me, if done right.

11. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

what about fuckin' BLADE?! 1999 butt-monkeys!

12. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Well we know that, but I just meant that most people on the street wouldn't have a clue Blade was based on a comic, whereas obviously everyone knows X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman etc are

13. Orintho

Orintho Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL, actually that's true. With the success of 'The Dark Knight' I am certain we will see the movie studios pushing whatever current comic book hero properties they have. My worry is that they may mess up Superman because of TDK.

14. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

What does dawd mean?

15. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's unintentional misspelling of gawd, which is an intentional misspelling of god

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought "gawd" was cheerleader-speak?

I was actually a bit taken back this week watchinig spider-man hit on Ms. Marvel (in jest) because even as part of a gag, he's married and... O. He's not married at all and he never was. Pete's allowed to look for punani where ever the heck he feels like it.

17. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, color me disappointed. What is wrong with stopping the series as a trilogy, while they have a shred of artistic integrity remaining? I know the world is all about greed, and making money where there is money to be made, but how many other great superheroes are being neglected while they churn out Spider-Man films.

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

So coincidentally I do a scan on my HD tv for new channels. I get some HBO HD channels and Starz HD which is airing Spiderman 3.

Rewatching the dance number it's on the same level as the geeky walk in part 2 with "rain drops keep falling on my head". So it's not as bad if you remember something similar was done in SM 2

Harry out for revenge no wait now he's playing basketball with peter, no wait now he's happy at breaking up MJ and Peter, No wait now he's wisecracking in the middle of battle and working with Spiderman. >_>

I think a 4the movie is necessary to end the series on a good note as 3 left Peter and MJ on a sour note. They're relationship needs to be fixed. Also we need 4 to have Spidey swinging through NYC to end it.

I can't believe some people are also writing off any future sequels because of one bad apple.

19. ElScoob

ElScoob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the third Spidey flick was a disappointment, sure, after the first two. And I thought one of its biggest flaws was illustrating so well how much more of a perfect Peter/Spidey Topher Grace would have been than Tobey.

That said, Tobey did okay overall, and the first two films give me plenty of faith in Sam Raimi. I think Spidey 3 got screwed around with by the suits (AVI!) who wanted Venom in there to appease the latter-day fanboys.

To me, though, Sam captures Stan Lee-John Romita era Spidey quite nicely, and I would love to see some more.

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I'm pleased. A fourth film will give them the chance to correct some of the mistakes the third made. I don't particularly mind who the villain is (though I'd prefer it if it wasn't Kraven as I always felt he was overrated as a villain) but I would like to see Spider-Man actually fight like Spider-Man.

We got a glimpse of it in the opening fight with Harry in SM3 but for the most part, Spidey just brawls. I want to see Spider-Sense! I want to see Spidey's "you can't hurt what you can't hit" acrobatic style of fighting.

Spider-Man 2 was, for me, an almost perfect superhero movie. If it had one flaw it's that they never explained why Spidey didn't just punch Ock in the face. The arms are strong, sure, theyre strapped to the back of a middle aged scientist. In the comics, Spidey always holds back, knowing he could kill Ock if he hits him too hard.