AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Zachary Smith

Zachary Smith Vice Admiral Admiral

How DARE you, SIR!!! Mind your manners or you shall lose your friends!

2. MilleniumLance

MilleniumLance Captain Captain

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

As a child, I was introduced to "cheese zombies" during grade school lunch before I knew what undead zombies were. :)

4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

How dare YOU address a lady in such a manner, sirrah?? I've half a mind to teach you some respect, churl!

5. Zachary Smith

Zachary Smith Vice Admiral Admiral

"Half a mind", indeed! Be cautious. Your internal optimist is showing! Now, spare me the poisonous barbs. My apologies to the dear "madam". Doubtless it was the rudeness of her manner in besmirching my noble name by virtue of association with a decomposing detachment of flesh-eating fiends which led me to make a MOST understandable assumption.

Now, if you'll excuse me, one and all, I simply MUST get some rest. It has been a most trying day and my delicate back is a disaster area today.

6. Silvercrest

7. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

It's probably like Shaun of the Dead, where Shaun knows they're zombies, recognizes that they're zombies, and yet can't bring himself to call them that because he thinks it sounds ridiculous.

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Sir"? :D Avast ye varlet, shiver me timbers, sure and begorrah. I guess I'm not too good at this.

9. Silvercrest

Don't worry, I already defended your honor. I think.

On the other hand, I may have something less than half a mind, so I've got problems of my own. (I just knew he was going to pick up on that line.)

10. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

has anybody read the comics? Are they any good?

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yes, they are. Take a look through the thread, you'll find lots of recommendations to check out the comics and at least a couple posts detailing the collected editions that are available. A link to a free online copy of issue #1 has also been posted a couple of times.

12. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

So I'm sitting in my hotel room here in downtown DC and can't believe the hotel doesn't carry AMC.. So no season finale for me until I get back to ABQ. Unless it's online. I guess I could investigate that tomorrow. Dammit!!!!

On a sorta kinda related not, I got about half way through "Handling the Undead" by the guy who wrote "Let the Right One In" on the plane today.. It's a different (yes, yet another "different") take on the zombie thing.. It's not a gore fest, with people running around screaming while the zombies munch, kind of book.. It's been really interesting so far.

13. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Waiting to find out what Jenner whispered to Rick is going to drive me nuts until next season.

14. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, awesome season finalle to a great first season.

15. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Dear God, those bastards. Whispering something in Rick's ear. AAAAAAARRRRRRGH!!!! :scream:

Well, that packed a wallop. :wtf: The beginning sequence certainly wasn't what I was expecting. My emotions did a whiplash and a half. Don't know what to think of the volatile (he's still a powder keg) almost rapist Shane. He's not a total dick. Knowing there are few women left available is a bitch, but the site of him having to be fought off of his friend's wife still gives me chills. But.....he didn't intentionally leave Rick behind as I believed. He must love Rick on some level. He's just a misogynistic jerk. More practical than Rick about certain things, though. The group needs both Rick and Shane. Idealism needs to survive on some level if there is to be hope.

Jenner was creepy as hell. Unsettling. Yet, I understood his actions on an intellectual level. He was dead already. He was only on a 30 day delay. There's a reason solitary confinement is used as punishment. It fucks with your head.

Poor Jacqui. :( Still, I found it plausible that someone would make the calm, rational decision to stay.

16. MilleniumLance

MilleniumLance Captain Captain

dang it!!!!!!!! they did leave it with a cliffhanger:scream: wtf did jenner say!

17. Dorian Thompson

I'll bet a box of donuts he told Rick that they're all infected and they'll zombify when they die, bitten or not. Remember? When they asked about the blood tests Jenner didn't say they were okay. He said, "No surprises." Either that, or that he watched his buddy try to rape his wife on the security cam. :lol:

The virus was probably dumped in the water supply or something. That's how it spread and the first walkers appeared. There had to be a first zombie who wasn't bitten. It makes sense.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought that was supposed to happen to anyone who dies (regardless of cause). In the Romero films, ALL death leads to zombification, even if it's something entirely natural like a heart attack. The only exception is immediate brain death, like being shot in the head. Is that not also the case in this series?

19. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

It was the case in the comics, so it probably will be in the series.

20. Dorian Thompson

I was under the impression that all who die will zombify :lol:....hee.....isn't a known fact in this universe. Maybe I'm wrong. It does make sense, though. Patient zero zombie had to have been infected by something other than a bite. A virus dumped into the water supply of every major city would sure do the trick.