Trip & T'Pol: The Good That They Do

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Captain X, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boushh

boushh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ That's one of the ones I was thinking of. So maybe it's a sign that I should go for that one? Three people in a row thinking the same thing? :)

2. Hoshi's sis

Hoshi's sis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love the pink fuzzy bits around the outside. I'd love to know how you do that.

3. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

That's a pretty sweet fog effect. :cool:

4. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love thae new pictures and Boushh's new wall paper is gorgeous. Welcome Randy enjoy yourself. Trip & T'Pol do have great chemisstry together thanks to Connor and Jolene binging such wonderful characters to life. :thumbsup:

5. boushh

Hoshi's Sis I used a texture made by wonderland__ . I'll put a link to where I got it from when I put the wallpaper up at my site. Then I used different colors and brushes to reveal bits of the texture here and there.

6. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

boushh, beautiful background...I even gave up Johnny Depp to use it! :lol:

7. boushh

^^ Cool! :) Though I think Johnny might make it back soon judging from your avatars of late. ;)

8. tothebridge

tothebridge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Lovely wallpaper, boushh. :thumbsup:

And thanks for the "Standing Together" pics, HR. My screencap collection from later seasons is a bit slim right now (supplemented by a few I grabbed from you and others :)). Must be a lot of those standing together type photos from seasons 3 & 4 given the nature of the T/T storyline.

Yeah, I expect there're probably some very practical reasons that they position the actors certain ways, but at times, I think there could be other factors as well. Sometimes it can be a shorthand way of "showing" how the characters are relating to each other and who knows, maybe it also could be done at times because someone thinks they just look good together, and aesthetics matter, too. :)

But seriously, in late S1 and much of S2 when they really weren't "actively" developing the Trip/T'Pol relationship, I think some of the "standing together" poses and looks between them was just a simple way of conveying that they were becoming more comfortable with each other and learning to work together -- without the writers having to devote major scenes or dialogue to it.

And I think a lot of the body language between Trip and T'Pol actually fit well with the push-pull type nature of the relationship. A lot of standing together but also standing toe to toe and face to face (like boushh mentioned), which sort of symbolized that they were drawn to each other but also challenged (and sometimes frustrated) by the differences. Hmmm...I think I also may need a "Standing Face to Face" collection.

Broken Bow Decon
    [​IMG]

Broken Bow Bridge Scene -- I think this was the scene during which BBraga commented (on the DVD commentary) about the actors' chemistry and how sometimes you don't know about these things until you see it on camera (or something like that)....
    [​IMG]

Strange New World
    [​IMG]

Unexpected
    [​IMG]

IAMD I
    [​IMG]

And for grins, how about a "standing together" picture from Harbinger.
    [​IMG]

And to show I'm not totally biased, here's one of my favorite caps of Trip and Amanda. ;)
    [​IMG]

9. jgc

jgc Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just love the way CT looks in that red t-shirt!!

10. tennisgirl

tennisgirl Captain Captain

I have to agree on that. He looks positively yummy... :drool:

That's one of my favorite TnT pics, though. Look at them. They look so angry at whatever they're staring at... :D

11. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like that Harbinger Trip & T'Pol picture boy was T'Pol mad when Amanda and Trip were partners. Boy was she Jealous. :drool:Trip looks great in that red shirt. I love that scene. :D :p

12. boushh

Yup, I love the red too. I actually love both of their sparring outfits. :)

I love the "Standing Face to Face" collection too, tothebridge. :D

So what other picture collections could we come up with? Somehow I don't think it will be very difficult. ;)

13. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Let me just add my :drool: to everyone else's here. :D They both look gorgeous.

More for the "TnT Standing Together Collection." (This is fun!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. tennisgirl

tennisgirl Captain Captain

Mmm, cowboy Trip :drool:... Polly looks so cool in this episode. I bet Trip had a good time looking at her dressed in a skirt and all... :D

15. Triptacular

Triptacular Captain Captain

I've got no trouble looking at him in leather and suade either. ;)

16. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Hope you don't mind. I "stole" this one for another use. :)

17. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Not at all. :) These here screencaps are for everybody.

18. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

there are some things about demons and terra prime that came up in the demons baby thread and since it is hard to answer with out going into what may be considered shippy stuff..
    about why trip was the father..
    we do know just like soong for some reason paxton did know about trip and tpol. he even calls them "star crossed lovers " to trip in demon.

also take into consideration if they had access to the dna they also possibly had access to phlox medical logs which contained info about lorian . which means they might have had some guideline in how to create a child from his sensor readings ect.

19. tothebridge

tothebridge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I think Paxton even referred to them specifically as Romeo and Juliet in that speech. And one of his henchmen also taunted Trip about T'Pol and baby Elizabeth -- "You obviously did more than talk. And look at what you got for your trouble -- some half-human thing." So it certainly seemed that Paxton (and other Terra Primers) believed Trip and T'Pol were romantically involved and that was possibly a factor in the decision to use their DNA.

And from Paxton's POV, I can see why he would select Trip and T'Pol as "parents" -- assuming his goals were to undermine Starfleet's position and also give credibility to his claims about the dangers of interspecies mating.

He could potentially imapct both goals by selecting two high profile Starfleet officers whom he believed to be romantically involved and linking them to the existence of a Vulcan/Human baby. And even if Starfleet and/or Trip and T'Pol denied it, there would be enough "smoke" (the neuropressure, trip to Vulcan, etc.) to make some folks think there might be validity to some of the claims.

As to how Paxton came to find out about the T/T relationship, I tend to think it was from one of two sources (or possibly both). As others mentioned, it seems likely (based on Soong's comments) that there was a lot of post-Xindi media coverage about the crew, which presumably could have included speculation about the T/T relationship. Also, it's possible that Masaro passed on information re: rumors about T/T that were circulating on the ship. The existence of such rumors was mentioned a couple of times in S3 ("Raijin" and "Harbinger") and I think Malcolm also alluded to the rumor mill (re: T'Pol's divorce) in "United."

20. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

the romeo and juliet reference made me wonder were masaro was in the scene in soong arc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.