The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

Been following the news....sounds like this season will be pretty sweet. I kind of hope it isn't Judith that buys it thought, as Rick has been through enough and I don't want the focus to be on his insanity again.

On another point - haven't been able to find news re webisodes for this season. Anyone find anything?

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Finished watching the Third Season (again) with a friend who missed the last half of the season because he dropped his cable. Anyway, we were talking about what Carl does near the end of the episode and we were both pretty much in agreement that what Carl did wasn't "that bad."

Carl told the kid to drop the rifle and the kid was more handing it over which could put Carl (and further Hershel, the baby and Hershel's younger daughter) at risk as Carl would have to lower his own weapon to retrieve the rifle. In this kind of world and climate why chance it and "trust" anyone? You tell someone to drop their gun and they don't and, instead, sort of slowly hand it over why take the risk that something will go wrong by lowering your own guard to get it. Hell as a policeman Rick should get that. (Though he wasn't told the whole story/details by either Carl or Hershel.)

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Baby zombie! Consider me creeped out.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I wonder if it's anybody we know.

6. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

It must not be a real young baby because without teeth how would an infant be a threat?

7. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Surely not an infant, but maybe not a full set of teeth either. If the baby's hungry enough, it could do some damage.

Personally, I'm hoping little Asskicker says amongst the living. Wasn't there a baby mentioned in Woodbury last season?

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Maybe it's not a fresh kill?

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

When Andrea first showed up in Woodbury one of townspeople showing her around the following morning pointed out a woman who was pregnant and due any day now.

I really doubt the baby that will die will be Julia/Little Asskicker. That happening would push Rick ever further down the dark side that he's just recovered from if only slightly. It's more likely a baby from one of the bus-load of red-shirts they inherited and the end of the third season. (Probably the baby of the woman pregnant at Woodbury.)

It's funny, during the marathon segments with Kevin Smith when he's in the zombie-body prop room he points out the Michael Roker (Merle) prop and says they worked together on "Mallrats." Not recognizing Merle I had to look it up and was like, "Holy cow!" and I clearly see it now. Merle was Mr. Svenning (the love-connection show producer/antagonist to T.S. and Bordy during the day) He's the one that got the stink-palmed chocolate pretzels from Brody!

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yep, Roker's been around for years playing thugs and villains on tv and movies. It's nice that he finally got a big break with TWD.

11. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's very interesting. I think they were wise to re-shoot it with Michonne, though. She was the one who really needed to be there.

13. Alpha Romeo

^^ agreed. Much more powerful the way it was done.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I definitely like the ending we got a lot better. I see what they were going for with the original ending, but I think the one we got was a lot more emotionally satisfying.

15. Praetor

The reshot ending also made Milton a bit more heroic imo, since he took the beating from Phil, and also made Andrea somewhat less of a wimp, since she didn't try to let Milton choke her to death to avoid having to be eaten by him.

16. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed with everybody that the reshot ending works much much better.

Speaking of Andrea, I was in a used bookstore yesterday flipping through the Volume 1 Compendium of the comics and got kind of wistful for that version of Andrea.

17. Alpha Romeo

I'm thinking that version of Andrea will be seen in the TV show Carol. If you know the comics at all, you know the comic book version of Carol turned out totally different. I like the TV version.

18. Praetor

I also prefer TV Carol much, much more.

19. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it was a very wise decision not to follow the comics too closely. The show keeps the spirit of the comics intact but keeps me in suspense not knowing where the story is going to go.

20. Praetor

Agreed. They have kept enough of the comic elements that it's still the same story, but rearranged and changed enough that you can still enjoy both separately.