Users destroy iPhones after fake waterproof advert

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by HaplessCrewman, Sep 25, 2013.

1. HaplessCrewman

HaplessCrewman Commander Red Shirt

2. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

iPhones don't survive being dropped in water? I've dropped my phone in the toilet multiple times. Admittedly, I was quick to take the battery out and dry it as well as I could.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know, there are some times when one probably should put down the phone.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah I've never taken a mobile phone into a bathroom to begin with. Dropping one in your own crap repeatidly is the dumbest single thing I've ever heard anyone do with a phone.

6. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Really? So when you're out in the world, and nature calls, what do you do with your phone when you need to use a public restroom? Because most guys I know don't empty their pockets before using the Gent's.

7. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

But you keep the phone in the pocket, don't you? And I've never seen a phone jump out of a pocket into the water in a suicide attempt.

8. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

I'm not even addressing the notion of how one's phone might get into the toilet; just Chem's ludicrous assertion that he's never brought a cellphone into a bathroom.

Hiking up your pants after a dump is one of those times when stuff in pockets are especially vulnerable to dropage.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  9. YellowSubmarine

If you think the toilet is a bad idea, try an icy ramp some day. The phone is usually the first to fall, and then you follow shortly, smashing all over it. The bastard is dead, and your ass hurts. If you're lucky, you might get a bruise in its shape.

Besides, I rarely use my phone elsewhere. Reading a book and illuminating the toilet pan when the lights are out – people use their phones for other things now?

Making stuff crawling down your pockets with your pants down is relatively easy, but if you've got trouble with getting stuff crawl up, I can help. I've done both multiple times.

10. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I never use public bathrooms. And as Jarod points out, when I'm outdoors it's securely in one of my pockets, unable to fall out anywhere.

11. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you are that stupid then you get what's coming to you.

12. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Not meaning to be nosy, but what do you do when you're out in public and you've just gotta go? :confused:

13. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Depend. The favourite of iPhone users everywhere.

14. YellowSubmarine

I read all the words on that page, I didn't get any idea what that product is. Damn marketing people. Whoever said anything against stereotypes? They were wrong. Marketing people definitely deserve their reputation.