Alternate Doctors

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Ar-Pharazon, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Years ago, before the current series began, there was a push from fans to cast David Bowie as the Doctor if there was ever a DW movie. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

2. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After hearing David Warners Doctor I'd like to see it on the screen.

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

GOD, Alexander Siddig would be a great Doctor; he's exotic looking but has kind, expressive eyes. Again, however, I'm not sure TPTB are ready to go with a non-white actor. But I LOVE Sid; I think he'd be a wiser, calmer, more mysterious Doctor.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really like Patrick Stewart but he doesn't seem the least bit "Doctor-y" to me. To be fair, I don't really see Tennant as a starship captain either.

5. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh god I can just imagine it, all said with waving hands and massively wandering pitch;

"Come with me, as we break down the current situation we're in with the Daleks...

... As you can see due to the fluctuations of the Galactic Currency, Skaro has a rather substantial deficit of over 20 billion... POUNDS!"

"But Doctor, what do we do? We're surrounded!"

"Well, It's up the other galactic economic superpowers to bail them out, and hopefully the downturn will rectify itself by the last quarter of 2014!"

*shudders*

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sir Ian McKellen as the First Doctor.

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

"utter pillocks!" would have to be his catchphrase.

8. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

That's just because he really is an alien.

I'd go with James May as the Doctor, Richard Hammond as his companion and Jeremy Clarkson as the Master.

"Doctor, it's the Daleks!"
    "Oh cock."

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Personally I'd rather see his brother Robert, I think he's a much better actor.

10. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

11. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I'd be okay with him, too. But, speaking of Hustle actors, how cool would it be for Robert Vaughn to guest star on DW?

I like it. Bit of a throw-back to the 80s, but subtle enough to acceptable to the audience of nuWho.

12. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

He would. And if he's too "exotic looking", James Callis is the white Alexander Siddig.

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I don't think the BBC would flinch at a non white actor in the role if he was the right man for the job.

14. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

Now I want to see this. Doctor Slow. :guffaw:

[​IMG]

15. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me either. I'm sure a few people would moan and complain. But then people ALWAYS bitch about a new Doctor at first. The real question would be how to explain the skin color change without making a big deal out of it, or having people screaming 'racism'.

16. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They wouldn't have to "explain" it any more than they "explain" the Doctor changing his hair colour or height. It's been established already that Time Lords can change skin colour and sex. They could get away with a simple, "Oh, that's new!"

17. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I was trying to work in a little bit of everything. Just enough flair to stand out, not enough to look like a cartoon character or a crazy person. Somewhere in the middle age and attitude-wise, having overcome his mid-life crisis. A Kenneth Brannagh type, though he is getting past middle age at this point so maybe Simon Baker (in a decade).

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I gotta say I really enjoyed all the "rad" entries but yours was a nice entry in the more traditional vein. You did a good job on the face, I find myself drawn there when I see the picture.