David Slade Will Direct Daredevil for Fox

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ I also liked 30 Days. Haven't seen Hard Candy. I liked Wilson in Watchmen and Little Children but I'd be extremely surprised if they went that old.

Have to say, over here, one can qualify as a lawyer from about 22 - 23 years old, so a late 20s Matt Murdock wouldn't be stretching it too much.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Not surprising. Movies often get rewritten before production starts. At least it looks like they care enough to make the movie good for fans.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess this was the news that Slade was promising us several months ago lol. Not surprising that it is already getting re-written.

6. Admiral_Young

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ooo, interesting. Here's hoping they don't get their crap together and the rights finally revert. :lol:

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

9. Admiral_Young

I'm guessing there were massive script problems. I think they have done a couple of re-writes. We were supposed to get some kind of casting news earlier in the year, but that never transpired obviously. I have a feeling they're going to revert.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Hey, Admiral_Young.

Looks like you are going to have to ask a mod to change the title of this topic. :p ;)

11. Admiral_Young

"David Slade Won't Be Directing Daredevil." :)

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

"David Slade Will Direct Daredevil for Fox *UPDATE*-- never mind..."

13. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

They might pull a Bernd Eichinger and simply make a very cheap movie never intending to release it.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Nah, we'll just start a new thread in a few months when Marvel Studios announces their plans for Daredevil.

Here's hoping so anyway!

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I doubt that trick can be pulled off again. Marvel has Disney lawyers on their side, who are the best in the business and will fight to get the rights back and not let them be cheated.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  16. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Unless the script is a complete mess, I suspect they'll just hire a hack director (or maybe a brilliant director, although given the compressed schedule and the lack of input a director gets on this sort of thing, it probably won't make a difference) and get it before the cameras by their deadline.

I'd be very surprised if the film didn't get made and the rights reverted. More plausible: the film is made, it's a complete mess, it doesn't make any money, the rights eventually revert to Marvel.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Blade, Hulk, and Punisher have reverted back to Marvel. It already happened with other characters.

18. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but Punisher reverted after the property was adapted twice, the first time to okay results, the second time to poor results. I suspect the same thing could happen here. In neither the case of Blade nor Punisher was a movie as along in pre-production as the Daredevil film is here.

19. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The other way round, surely.

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

It'll depend on how badly FOX wants to keep the Daredevil rights.

No talanted or famous director would ever sign up for this movie since it looks like it will be a total rush job;

FOX can certainly hire an unknown director cheap, but the product will suffer.