Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Has anyone else noticed that the front page of The Collection now states there is a $1.95 S&H fee? Glad I got in before that was added!

2. Sans

I would love that!

3. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

One thin I want to know,does can u remove the saucer sector from the engineering section?.

4. Tarheel

Tarheel Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I received my Romulan warbird and NX-01 this week. The Enterprise has both nacelles broken off, but fortunately they appear very easy to mount again. Just need to get a bit of super glue.

5. Sans

No. It does not.

6. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Yup Johnny, got mine last week.

VERY impressed. This might be the best pair yet.

I also received my paid for 2nd binder.

I think that should be a freebee.

7. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I saw the nuEnterprise at a shop in the US, the box is pretty good sized...

I assume it will be in the May shipment for subscribers.

8. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yikes. Happy I made it in on the ground floor and pre-ordered before release last summer.

Hope so. That is one of the ones I've been looking forward to.

9. Sans

Not yet, but I was just billed for it a few days ago.

10. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very interesting, I was very much looking forward to this set (particularly the Marauder) and the models are very nice, but as I mentioned before, I found the paint job on the Marauder to be a disappointment. On mine the "weathering" effect was very in-your-face. The body of the ship fades from the standard brown to almost white in the center and around the back. Was yours like this as well, or did I maybe get one that came off the line as the paint needed to be refilled?

11. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Maybe photos could be posted to compare your marauder with others? That way, we could judge whether its substandard or not.

12. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought that they had shown that they had made Enterprise-E but I don't see it listed.:mallory:

13. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

For those who got these models which one is your favourite and least favourite models?.

14. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Favourites: NX-01, Enterprise-D, Akira, Miranda, Constellation
    Least favourite: Enterprise Refit

I also don't like how small the Excelsior is, but other than that it's so far a really excellent collection.

15. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Miranda is definitely the best so far, but I keep on poring over the Nova and Akira again and again-- they're the first ships in the series I've never held a physical copy of before, and they're well-constructed to boot. I also really like the K't'inga, the D'deridex, and the NX-01.

16. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds like you got a bad Marauder. I'd request a replacement. The body should be a solid orange, with all other paint highlights over that.

Actually the problem I had with the Marauder was with its stand and mounting position. It's supposed to go around the rear hull (big part) but slightly tilted back that way as well, so the model doesn't stay in it very well. So what I did is to mount it from the front end which lets the big rear hang down a bit into the typical Angle of Attack that most other models have. The model doesn't quite fit into the stand that way, but it works well enough that it does work. Can't believe Eaglemoss didn't design it that way.

17. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

The Marauder stand is by far the worst so far, in many ways.

My favorite ships? The whole series is very high quality so it's hard to decide, but the standouts would be: Enterprise-D, Akira, Nova and K'Tinga. The worst would have to be Excelsior. It's so tiny that there's almost no room for details. Which sucks because I love the Excelsior-class. Another one I'm not thrilled with is Voyager. The detailing on the top of the saucer is very soft. Again, I love the Intrepid-class, so I was hoping for more.

18. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Favorite models? Definately the Miranda. Just an outstanding model, from the way the nacelles hang, to the weapons pod beam across the top. Akira is nice too. But not enough hard lines to really be all that unique. Surprisingly, the Nova is a really nice model. Being a smaller class ship, being blown up to a larger scale relative to this model series, one can actually appreciate the style of the ship. The Dominion Battlescruiser isn't bad either. Nice styling...just wished they went with the darker prototype paint scheme. The Klingon BoP is pretty nice as well. Very nice paint job on it. The K'Tiinga is a nice model, but I wished they had went with the Kronos One paint job as shown in the magazine. The Excelsior would have been pretty cool had it been a bit bigger. The saucer should have been at least as big as the Enterprise-Refit, if not as big as the Reliant.

19. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Sorry to hear about the stand thing... I haven't taken any of my models out of the "box". Waiting till I have a suitable place to put them.

But I agree. It sounds like our friend here got one with a bad paint job.

20. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Favorites: Equinox, Jem'Hadar, DS9. I love anything we don't have six of already, lol. I could literally not ever buy another E-D, Bird of Prey, Miranda-Class, so on and so forth, for all time and be happy. :)

Waiting for more first-time ships. Those are the reason I signed up! :D