ENTER | ENT Avatar Contest | Broken Bow/How Do You Do

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Skywalker, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Previously in the Enterprise Avatar Contest...
    And now, the conclusion.

It's been a long road, gettin' from there to here...

Well, here we are. The culmination of a journey that began more than two years ago. In January 2010, we held an avatar contest for "These Are the Voyages..." and began a reverse trip through all 98 episodes of ENT, from Season Four through Season One. Thirty months and nearly one hundred avatar contests have passed since then, with all kinds of great people taking part and creating hundreds of fantastic avatars.

And so the time has finally come for "Broken Bow," the episode that started it all. The pilot, like ENT itself, generated mixed reactions amongst Trek fandom. Some people hated it, but others loved it. And I can understand that; admittedly, I was pretty mixed on it, too. It wasn't really until Season Four that I genuinely came to love the show, and I've developed an appreciation for the other three seasons in the years since.

Regardless of ENT's reputation, we're all here because there's at least one thing we all love about it. Whether it's the characters (or even just one in particular), or the setting, or even just one specific episode, we all have our reasons for being here. I'd like to thank everyone who's taken part in these avatar contests over the years and helped to make them so memorable. I can only hope that our next run through the series will be at least as much fun as this first one was. :techman:

Alright, let's get down to business. It's time to see everyone's favorite moments from "Broken Bow." For our theme, HopefulRomantic has suggested "How Do You Do," memorable first meetings between main or recurring characters. It's a very appropriate theme, IMO, and hopefully we'll get some good entries for it.

Standard avatar rules apply, don't feed the gremlins after midnight, etc. The entry thread will be open through at least this Saturday, longer if there's sufficient interest. Good luck! :D

2. I am Surak

I am Surak Captain Captain

Broken Bow was a great start to my favorite Trek. This show was created for guys like me with a healthy dose of gratuitous sex thrown in for good measure. Thank you Producers!

So for the Episode entry I chose the first scene where the enterprise crew meets new cultures. Moth eating, ultra long tongued, latex body suited cultures. It set the tone nicely:)

[​IMG]

And for the How Do You Do Theme it has to be Archer's faux pas of considering knocking T'Pol on her ass. I was quite taken back by this.

[​IMG]

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Episode:

[​IMG]

Theme:

[​IMG]

4. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Episode:

[​IMG]

Theme:

[​IMG]

5. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Episode -
    [​IMG]

Theme - introducing Major J. Hayes -
    [​IMG]

6. Skywalker

Episode
    [​IMG]

Theme
    [​IMG]

7. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Episode:

[​IMG]

Theme:

[​IMG]

8. Skywalker

I totally derped and forgot today was Saturday, so I'm going to keep the entry thread open for one more day. With any luck we'll pick up some stragglers. :techman:

9. Skywalker