Your definition of a real 'Trekkie'?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by explodingmuffin, May 20, 2009.

1. Strider

Strider Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

it's just a tv show you really need to get a life

2. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

I agree with all of this. To me, it makes no difference whatsoever. Whether you want to call yourself a Trekkie/Trekker or refuse to have any label attatched to your interest in the franchise, it doesn't matter one bit. We're ALL Star Trek fans in the end, regardless of the degree.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I LUB YOU ALL!!!!

::adore::

4. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Leave the personal comments out of the thread, please. It's just an internet bulletin board...

5. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I know I'm coming into this discussion kind of late, and I haven't read the entire thread, so I'm probably just regurjitating what's already been said, but I believe a trekkie is someone who likes Star Trek. I like Star Trek, alot actually, but I couldn't tell you what the episode names are or sit down and tell you details about canon, but I consider myseslf a trekkie.

6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

I could keep track of episode titles, etc. just fine when there were just 79 - but with the advent of TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT, there's no way I can do that now. I'm content just to enjoy the shows, movies and occasional book. I'm a Trekkie.

7. Trekarama

Trekarama Lieutenant Red Shirt

Amen to that! :beer:

8. CailinBlair

CailinBlair Ensign Newbie

:borg:

Well, being that I'm new to the fandom...It's good to get new fans...but at the same time, when you just like something because it's popular at that moment, that's annoying to the original fans. The movie is nothing like the Original series, and I don't think a lot of people who just saw the movie and nothing else understand that.

9. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

There's a difference between 'fan' and 'Trekkie'. I casually watch, say, Medium, and Law And Order, but that's where it begins and ends. I don't go on their message boards, buy the DVDs or anything. I don't know the episode names or the writer's names.

10. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A Trekkie is someone who likes Star Trek.

A Trekker is someone who likes Star Trek, but wears cool sunglasses, turtlenecks and berets and insists on not being called a Trekkie.

Fan is a general term, wheras something like Ringer or Browncoat or Trekkie is more specific.

11. DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Commodore Commodore

In my definition, "Trekkie", "Trekker" and "Star Trek Fan" is someone who like Star Trek. "Trek Nerd" is someone who likes Star Trek and uses it as an escape route because he/she completely fails in life. :D