Did Enterprise happen in this Star Trek's past?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Brent, Mar 8, 2009.

1. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)

...or not...

2. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

WOO-HOO! I hope the filmmakers aren't just saying that, They woulden't really have to even ''mention'' the events of enterprise, just put a picture of the NX-O1 up in the halls of starfleet, and I'd be happy as a tribble:techman:
    ^You and me both!:eek: you don't even WANT to know how much money I spent on ENT related ''merch''! the last thing I need to happen is to have all my ENTERPRISE stuff ''dissapear''

3. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

A piece of wood, a mannequin, and a redneck walk into a bar...

4. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)

..thus are born T'Pol... Archer... and Trip... according to some critics.

5. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The bar, of course, not being named, or even acknowledged by other characters is uhh.... you know, that guy, who sits at the helm.

Whats-His-Face.

6. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How?

If Spock gets the timeline pretty much back on track, how is TNG affected? By the time you get up to the Picard/Sisko/Janeway era, the wrinkles in the timeline could be all ironed out and things proceed as we know them.

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Not Chakoty...7of 9 ....and Paris?

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see how there's anything he can do to fix the damage that's already been done. All he can do is prevent *further* damage, right?

About that:
    If Vulcan is destroyed in ST XI, then obviously it won't be around for its TNG appearances, or even for TMP. And then Tuvok will never be born, so VOY's out.

9. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

The story which forms the framework for this movie is about how old Spock is traveling back in time to keep Nero from changing the timeline. And you seriously think he will fail? I'm not saying it isn't possible. I just don't think it's very likely.

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

ENT will be referenced directly in this movie with the appearance of the old Porthos.

11. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

The only thing more fucked up than that post is that it is probably true.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought he only arrived in the 'past' after Nero had already destroyed the Kelvin,
    Vulcan
    , and possibly San Francisco as well. We definitely see the destruction of the ship and the planet in the previews, and we see San Francisco hit by the drill weapon (doesn't bode well for the city, given that we know that in this timeline, the Enterprise isn't built there anymore, it's built in Riverside, Iowa).

Unless you're suggesting Spock makes multiple incursions into the past? (Or, conversely, could do one final act that prevents Nero from ever existing in the first place - the ultimate reset button, as it were)

13. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Old Porthos will bring a message to Old Spock from the past from Captain Archer, who got the message from the future from Daniels, who got it from the past from Old Spock as he spoke his dying words of "Cut the red wire, not the green one."

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

How can Porthos be in Star Trek? Wouldn't he be dead by then?

15. Captain MAJ

Captain MAJ Commander Red Shirt

The Kelvin attack happens as Jim Kirk is born, dating it at 2233, probably March 22 (Kirk's supposed birthday). Still well after the events of "Enterprise."

As another interesting point, according to VOY: "Relativity," in the 29th century there are timeships like the Relativity that have temporal sheilding to protect themselves from temporal incursions. These ships supposedly are scanning the timelines looking for such incursions that they need to prevent. If Nero did interfere that seriously
    and destroyed Vulcan, San Francisco, et al
    , wouldn't they just send an operative from their time back to fix the timeline. :scream: This is neither here nor there, however, so don't try to think about it too much. :shifty:

16. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't you think it's possibly a different Beagle?

I once had a dog when I was younger who passed away, and now -- years later -- I have another dog of that same breed.

Why not? They did it all the time in TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT.

17. Captain MAJ

Captain MAJ Commander Red Shirt

I think that's likely what the writers are implying. When I first heard that I never thought it would be the original Porthos.

Unless Veterinary medicine is more advanced that Humanoid medicine by then....:rolleyes:

18. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Ummm..that was actually funny stuff!!!

Rob

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Turns out that Nero's whole beef with the Federation is that during an earlier time-travel incident Porthos peed on the bridge of the Narada and Archer wouldn't apologize.

20. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

but what if Porthos was really Vulcan?