Haven: Season Three (Discussion, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Sep 16, 2012.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Well, he does look like a cartoon. :D I think he might make a good Doctor Strange-- he's got that angular look to him.

I actually thought this week's episode was much better than the last. The animal-to-man Trouble was interesting and the plot was good. The interactions between Duke and Dwight were both funny ("Uh... Audrey wants you to detain that guy.") and realistic ("I saw how you reacted."). And the newspaper brothers continue to intrigue. Also, I like this new character; I wonder if she is a one-shot or will be recurring.

2. RJDiogenes

I don't know know about anyone else, but I thought this was the best episode of the series to date. Duke was faced with a horrible ethical choice, went against his own desires and convictions to do what he thought was best-- and may have destroyed himself in the process.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Yes, they finally brought Duke's dilemma to a head, with a real moral question. The way he struggled with it was nicely done.

So...Audrey is being hunted by the guy from No Country for Old Men??

:lol:

4. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, he was not thinking about what was best for him, but what was best. While he's done that for people he's come to care about (Nathan and Audrey), we haven't really seen him do something for someone he barely knows, or really doesn't even know, because in the long run it was the best. He just couldn't see this boy being burdened by the same thing that cursed the boy's father, like he himself.

I don't think this has to destroy him, though it can.

Personally, i think he made the right call.

5. RJDiogenes

I do, too. But it was horrible for him to actually end somebody's life with his own hands-- and he knows it probably won't be the last time.

6. 1001001

Tonight, Episode 3:04 Over My Head

"Audrey, Nathan, and Duke are on a frantic search to locate a missing woman before it's too late."

7. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

I liked it - although the souring of the relationship between Nathan and Audrey isn't very pleasing. The side stories seemed to compensate for the slightly-weak main story. I thought it was quite funny seeing the Teagues run into a brick wall with the new detective.

8. 1001001

That was pretty good. The scenes with Nathan and that Angelina Jolie looking woman were very effective, like when he grabbed her hands to earn her trust.

And yeah, what is up with that Boston detective?

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was interesting seeing the other characters take a bit more prominence in the plot. Good to see them evening out the playing field a bit with Dave and Vince. Not sure what to think with the new guy.

10. RJDiogenes

I like how they got the dirt from the Boston Herald. :rommie:

Pretty good episode. Duke had something to prove and he proved it. Audrey is remembering being Lucy. But Nathan is more alienated from everybody than ever.

And Vince and Dave own half of Haven and have millions of dollars stashed in secret offshore accounts? Wow. :rommie:

11. 1001001

I finally got to watch last Friday's episode. I thought it was really good! I liked Lady Justice.

Nathan is getting in deeper with the Guard. I wonder what he will find?

So the Bolt Cutter killer is sewing himself together a woman? Seems reasonable....:lol:

12. RJDiogenes

^^ Well, Halloween is coming. :D

I liked this episode. I like golems and I like that gimmick of characters in paintings coming to life, so that made a good combo. And Duke is really going all out to prove that he's not like his father.

13. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't it obvious that he's building his own personal Audrey...

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if this season was moved to the fall because of how dark it's become.

Covert Affairs is also a show that became a lot more serious this year.

15. 1001001

Tonight, Episode 3:06 Real Estate

"A former Haven resident returns to settle a 27 year old score with Audrey."

The website also refers to a trip out west following a clue to the identity of the Colorado Kid.

This episode is directed by Jason Priestly.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've only been half-watching this season but I guess this dispels my notion that Audrey's therapist is just in her head. They might have already made that obvious but again I haven't really been "watching watching".

17. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

I do like how the story is getting bigger with the new detective, the new therapist, Audrey's past coming back to her, and the new reliance on Duke as a friend. What I don't like is the loss of Nathan to the girl with the Guard tattoo. I can understand where Nathan is going with the 'investigation' but it's kind of ruined what romance that I did like in the series. I just want to whack Nathan on the head for going with the wrong girl. Plus with everything becoming darker (i.e. the detective with the secret from the big town) - sometimes the small romance at the end of Season 2 actually had merit.

But at least Audrey's past is coming to light.

18. RJDiogenes

Nathan is really screwing himself up. Duke, on the other hand, is really trying to better himself. They seem to be developing a role reversal of the characters.

19. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which may not be a bad thing. Each of them were given reasons for their shifts so it's not totally out of the blue.

I don't think you were saying it was a bad thing; I assumed you liked it, too.

20. 1001001

The haunted house episode was very good, IMHO.

As others have asked...what the hell is Nathan doing? Is it all still part of the act, or is he really falling for her?

So the Colorado Kid was with her in the house when she was Lucy? In what capacity? Didn't he seem younger in the pictures from the newspaper? I got kinda confuzzled there...