"Shaping a Cardassian" - characters

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Gul Re'jal, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, I wouldn't want to cross HIM! He looks like he could slap me all the way across the room if he got mad!

2. TerokNor

TerokNor Captain Captain

I had the impression he might in that moment looks at Kapoor doing something he finds odd, thinking: What the hell is that human girl doing there?

TerokNor

3. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    Maybe, who knows ;)

He's not so bad ;)
    Zamarran is not an aggressive type, but now you understand why he appears so intimidating to Kapoor.

4. Nerys Ghemor

Yeah...he looks like he'd yell at me just for mispronouncing a word.

5. Nerys Ghemor

With Gul Re'jal's gracious permission...I'll post a fanart of a fanfic.

Just as an FYI--as it turned out, part of the design I did here wasn't quite correct according to the way she imagined it. Where I put a ridge along the top, so that the implants would be used only in a certain way, she said there's a notch along the bottom that serves the same function.

As to what the purpose of these implants is...you'll have to read her story, Shadow of the Order. And if you do, you'll understand why I refer to this drawing as merely the shadow of an outrage, and why this is the only part of the outrage in question that I will depict.

What I will say is this. The larger set of marks shows where the tips of normal fingers would come. The smaller set of marks shows about where the real flesh and bone ends, and the implants begin.

Also...I know the pencil makes them look black, but they should be somewhere in a tan-brown-ochre range, like Cardassian technology.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  6. TerokNor

TerokNor Captain Captain

Interessting drawing...I dont want to say nice, because its rather scary and not nice to imagine such implants and these are only the poor souls, who had minor things done to them...now when I imagine Sarratt.... How frightening.
    Those finger implants does have something borgish. Well done drawing.

TerokNor

7. Nerys Ghemor

Thank you.

It is VERY creepy, for sure. Especially since that's my own hand that I traced, and then drew that onto there.

8. Gul Re'jal

They look great to me :) I didn't have anything specific including all "aesthetic" details in my mind, so I find this as close to my canon as it gets.

As for the notches: here's a quick sketch of one of access ports, into which this should fit, so you'll see what I thought about.

Click for full size:
    [​IMG]

9. Nerys Ghemor

Thanks for posting that. I don't want to be responsible for putting the wrong image in readers' minds, so I am glad you did post that. I was actually going to ask you to. :)

10. Gul Re'jal

I thought that since I have already drawn it, I can post it too :)

11. Gul Re'jal

This is very, very, VERY quick sketch, but you get the idea what Jeto looks like and how Cardassian her face is. Not at all like Ziyal's.

[​IMG]

12. Nerys Ghemor

Yeah, I'd say her Cardassian features are pretty dominant. About what color is her skin? We know it's grey, but even Ziyal's was a variant of grey though I would call hers more of an ashy-rose color. Is she QUITE as grey as most Cardassians?

13. Gul Re'jal

Maybe there is a little bit different shade of grey, but she is very close to a typical Cardassian. If just glanced at, everyone would think she is a full Cardassian and later, after taking a better look, people notice there is something else: the nose, the ear-ring, lack of some ridges (delicate ridges on a full Cardassian). From a distance she would look full Cardassian for sure.

14. Nerys Ghemor

You know...this may sound weird, but since she does have so many of the Cardassian ridges, I can imagine another reason as to why she would feel very, very awkward and angry. What if not only appearance, but some of her other instincts and desires are Cardassian, and she knows it?

15. Gul Re'jal

Possibly, probably... I'm sure there's more in her than just looks. Half of her genetic code is Cardassian and she tries to deny everything that it's clearly Bajoran. That's why Av'Roo worries about her so much. Jeto is one really unhappy woman :(

16. Gul Re'jal

Who can guess who is this:

[​IMG]

17. TerokNor

TerokNor Captain Captain

Jeto truly looks a lot cardassian. *nods*

And the second one: Sarratt before the order got his hands on him? But whoever he is, certainly attractive. *g*

TerokNor

18. Gul Re'jal

Let's see if NG agrees with you or maybe she has other ideas.

19. Nerys Ghemor

It's either Saratt, pre-Obsidian Order, or it's Laran Demok. One of those two, I think. :)

20. Gul Re'jal

It's Laran Demok :D

He popped up in the story for a second to say 'hi' to Brenok, but I wanted to draw him for quite some time now, especially since I know exactly who would play him. Marc Worden.