Casting Ahsoka Tano

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ALF, Mar 12, 2013.

1. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The future of Star Wars is both exciting and cloudy (or do the Jedi say 'clouded'?) but there is a strong argument for Ahsoka Tano to be included.

Were a live action role of Ahsoka needing a choice of casting, who would your choice be for the role? Why?
    Age of the character would be a major factor but we can assume if she shows up during the sequel era, she'll be an adult, possibly with some age showing. If she appears in anything set during the era between the trilogies she'd be younger - possibly a late teen.

I can't think of a suitable actress... does anyone have any ideas?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  2. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

Appearance isn't so much of a factor since whoever they cast would be augmented by makeup/CGI anyway. I haven't watched The Clone Wars for the last couple of seasons, so I'm not in the best position to judge who would be the best fit in terms of personality.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Why not Ashley Eckstein? She's about the right size, and of course she sounds exactly like Ahsoka... ;)

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kid Ahsoka, I have no idea, but adult Ahsoka looks a lot like Rosario Dawson. Who ironically enough is a huge Trekkie who wants to play a Klingon. Is a Togruta Jedi close enough?

Dawson has very large eyes, just give he blue contact lenses, maybe even do it via CGI.

ALF likes this.
  5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

A slightly older Ahsoka played by Mila Kunis.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Jaden Smith.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd cast Ashley as well.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like that idea. Have there been any actors who have voiced a character in animation and then gone on to do play them in a live action production? I know the reverse has happened a lot, but I don't know of any cases of it happening in that order. Not that it matters for this discussion, I'm just curious.

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Three that spring to mind are Evan Richards, Christopher Kennedy, and Rick Overton. In the second season of the Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures animated series, they took over the roles of Bill, Ted, and Rufus (replacing the original film's stars who had voiced those roles in the cartoon's first season), and then went on to play those same characters in the brief live-action Bill and Ted TV series. I've always wondered how that came about. It's kind of mindboggling -- two sets of actors have played those three characters, and each set has played them in both live action and animation. That's gotta be unique.

Another recent example is Daran Norris, who plays Timmy Turner's father in The Fairly Oddparents and has reprised the role in the two live-action TV movies thereof.

10. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mila Kunis sounds good to me.

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess it depends at what stage we see her, Ashley's adorable but does seem to look a bit older than the character of Ahsoka currently.

Looking at that picture above, maybe Daveigh Chase? I'm not too up on my young Hollywood...

12. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

helen mirren

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Only if Judy Dench isn't available.

14. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was my thought, too.

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Matthew Wood comes to mind in SW lore. He of course first voiced General Grevious for the micro-series and then reprised the role in Episode III and of course Clone Wars. I believe, and someone can correct me if I'm misremembering, but Lucas was considering someone else but was impressed with Wood's performance in the micro-series that he cast him in the film as Grevious.

16. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

She should be a CGI puppet played by Ray Winstone.

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Bonus-- She's hot! :drool:

18. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Ashley. And we don't need to see her as a Padawan anymore anyway. That's already been covered. So, further adventures, please.

19. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

[Rorschach voice] And Disney will answer... "No." :p

20. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

i'll second this. it's eerie how much they resemble one another. that being said, if the casting would be for VII, she would be way to young unless Ahsoka's race ages slowly